07. Dreams

Charlotte

Charlotte

"LiLi I feel like they aren't going to like me." I spoke into the phone. Tonight was the night I was supposed to go over to Lida's home to meet her cousins. My mother was working and who knows where Kamryn disappeared to. "Charlotte we've already been over this. They're going to love you. I'm on the way , see you soon. Mwuah." She spoke making a kissy noise and hanging up the phone.

I groaned plopping down on my bed. I was pretty anxious about meeting Joel and Ced. The way Lida described them made me feel as if I wouldn't be able to fit in with them. Getting up to look in the mirror , I decided that I needed to step out of my comfort zone. I didn't want to look regular.

"Makeover." I mumbled with a slight smile. Tying my robe around me, I exited out of my room walking across the hall to Kamryn's room. I walked to her closet looking around for something nice to wear.

————

"Girl I just can't get over how nice you look. You always look nice, but wow." Lida said complementing me as we walked up the stairs to her house. My nerves were off the wall, scared wasn't even the word for me.

Take deep breaths, remain confident I thought to myself. Confidence was key. "Are you ready?" She asked and I nodded my head slowly. Knocking on the door, the door swung open and there stood skinny guy with a low cut who's eyes were so big, he kind of reminded me of a bug. Licking over his ashy lips I looked down at my feet nervously.

"Well I'll be damned! Jo look at this, it's a fine ass girl at the door!" He yelled out making me laugh and Lida suck her teeth. "Get out the way fool." She said pushing him out of the way and pulling me in to the spacious house.

"Baby got back." He mumbled looking at me. Lida sighed dramatically making me laugh.

"Char this is my dumb ass cousin Ced, we call him K-Ci. And K, this is my bestie Charlotte. " She spoke making me wave at him shyly. "Nice to meet you Ced." I said and he grabbed my hand kissing it.

"The pleasure is all mine." He said making Lida scoff. "Jojo come out here, I want you to meet someone." Lida yelled out.

A guy who was slightly bigger than K-CI but resembled him stepped out of a room from the back of the house. He looked over at me with a smile waving. "You must be Charlotte? You're even more beautiful than Lida described." He said making me blush.

I'd be lying if I said they weren't making me feel special, part of me felt like they were just being nice cause I was her friend. "And you must be Joel, nice to meet you." I said softly making him smile. "Likewise."

Lida smiled rubbing her hands together. "Now that everyone is acquainted, let's have some fun!" She said excitedly making K-Ci suck his teeth obnoxiously. "Let's have some fun." He mocked and waved her off, "what she meant was, let's drink until we can't feel our body nomore!" He said making my eyes widen.