11. No More Pain

quick a/n : dramatic ass chapter ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you because I did. excuse all mistakes plz
May be short , but it's an update lol .

Charlotte

It was quite apparent that something had been bothering me the last few days I've been at school . I'm not sure if it was my face that gave my emotions away or was it my lack of participating in any conversation Lida and Raiven held. I didn't even bother to write in my journal as they conversed. So many thoughts were running through my mind at the moment and it felt like I couldn't escape any of them.  Anytime Lida or Raiven would ask me what was wrong I would try to return to my normal state , but it's like they could see right through me. At times I think Donald can see right through me, he knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

"Whats's wrong with you?" Raiven asked snapping me out of my daze. I had been thinking of the incident that occurred at my home for about the past five minutes. It seemed as the thought haunted my mind all the time. From when I was alone to when I was around people.  "Yeah girl you've been looking like that for a few days now." Lida added on.

"It's nothing, I'm fine really." I spoke forcing a smile on my face.

"Something about your vibe tells me that your not fine. But I won't badger you about it." Lida said with a look of curiosity causing me to blush and look away. I was very embarrassed at the moment, I hated having attention on me. Raiven only looked at me with a straight face, I knew she wasn't going to let this conversation drop without me admitting what was wrong. I had learned that Raiven is very persistent and doesn't stop until she gets her way.

"You blushed, so is it Donald? What did he do? Have y'all had sex and you can't stop thinking about it or something?" She asked making my eyes widen. Lida started laughing loudly drawing attention our way. "Now Rai, you know Char isn't having sex, she's too good for that." Lida said and I nodded my head in agreement. Having sexual intercourse was the very last thing me and Donald were ready for. My mom would really kill me then if she knew I was having sex.

"What? No. Look I'm just really exhausted. I've been studying for mid term exams all week." I said partially lying and partially telling the truth. Truth was, exams were the least of my worries. My mind was on how long was I going to stay away from home and how long it would be till I got caught staying at Donald's. I'd probably have to go back to staying with Lida, along with Cedric and Joel.

"You're lying Char, you're damn near a genius. Studying is the last thing you ever do." Lida said and I shrugged my shoulders. "There's nothing wrong with continuing to study, I need to ace this exam." I said only for both of them to scoff.

"What the fuck is she looking at?" Lida asked causing me to look for who she was talking about. Chelsea sat two tables down from us and had been watching us talk seemed like the whole time. Of course Brianna and Kamryn were alongside watching as well. I tried my best not to look at Kamryn , there was no way I could look at my 'sister' the same.

"Pardon me , can we have our faces back Becky?" Raiven asked making me gulp. I didn't have the strength to fight off each girl again, I had a future to worry about. Chelsea, Brianna, and Kamryn could wait.

"Guys let's just ignore them, we've already been suspended once. Our next attempt will be getting kicked out." I said trying to clear up the tension that was about to spark.

"These are my eyes, I can look wherever I want." Chelsea clapped back getting a laugh out of Raiven and Lida.

"For somebody who just got their ass beat, you're really bold." Lida added in getting a scoff from Kamryn. By now the attention was on both tables and I wasn't happy about it. I hated attention being on me, especially for things like this.