28

Josh had recently picked up a full-time job to help out with the bills, so they didn't have to rely on their parents for their finances, despite them telling Niall and Josh that they could help out more.

Josh leaves every morning at seven am and comes home around one or two, depending on the day.

While Josh works, Niall spends his time cleaning, cooking, and talking to their baby most of the day.

Josh hates leaving his husband and baby, but knows he has to support his family somehow.

"Hi, baby, do you miss daddy? Mummy misses daddy, too." Niall talked to their baby while he was laying in bed on a Monday morning. "Daddy got called into work earlier, lets hope he comes home earlier. Oh, are you hungry? I'm hungry, are you hungry?" Niall asked, only to get a couple kicks in return. "I'll take that as a yes."

Niall got out of bed and went downstairs to the kitchen to fix himself some breakfast.

The whole rest of the day, he sat around and didn't really do anything. He would watch TV, or do some cleaning.

Josh also had a daily routine. He gets up around five am, gently kisses Niall so as not to disturb him. He talks to their baby for a few minutes, then goes downstairs to have a small breakfast.

He then gathers downstairs he needs for the day, and quietly leaves the house.

He gets into the car his parents bought for him, and heads into work. He pulls into the parking spot for him, and goes into his office. His floor manager told him he could put a few photos on his desk, so he put a photo of him and Niall on their wedding day, as well as, a photo of the revealed gender. He also has a photo of both families on their wedding day. 

He works until noon, and takes a half hour lunch at his desk. He recently made two friends named Andy and Stan. They both come to his desk and they all eat together. 

"So, how's the hubby?" Andy asked, after taking a bite of his sandwich.

"Hubby's good. We recently found out the gender of the baby."

"Ooh, tell us!" They both demanded.

Josh laughed. "You'll both find out when the baby is born."

"Oh, come on, not even a tiny clue?"

"Nope!" Josh chuckled when he saw both their pouts. "Niall did ask me to ask you both if you would want to come to dinner Friday night."

"I'm in." Andy smiled. "Sounds like fun, I can bring along the missus and our kids. Niall will love them."

"Sure, I'm in. I might have to fly solo. I don't have anyone."

"That's okay. We're having our parents and siblings come along, too. It'll be fun, you'll have a good time." Josh reassured.

"Do your families always come?"

"It's sort of something we started when my parents and Niall got pregnant. It's a way to catch up with each other."

"Oh, we wouldn't want to impose." Andy retracted.

"Yeah, we wouldn't want to disturb your family time." Stan clarified.

"You're not. Besides, Niall and I both want you there. It'll be fun. They'll all love you."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely. It'll be a good time." Josh smiled.