3•SUCCUBITCHES

Sabrina and I walk through the woods silently until we stop in the middle of a clearing.

I lift the small bell in my hand and ring it.

"Spirits of the forest, i pronounce my intentions to thee'' i start and draw in the dirt with a wooden stick.

I hand it to Sabrina ''come forth and see us and equal we will be'' she continues and draws, I ring the bell again.

''Not master and servant but familiar to familiar'' i go on, drawing.

''To share our knowledge, our spirit and our traits'' Sabrina says and I ring the bell one last time.

Sabrina sighs, ''and now spirits, we will wait'' she clicks her tongue, i hand her the bell and she puts it in her bag.

Leaves rustle behind us and we turn, the weird sisters.

''A summoning spell, girls?'' Prudence asks, walking towards us.

''Calling forth familiars?'' Dorcas follows, ''then you are being baptized'' Agatha finishes.

''Prudence, Dorcas, Agatha'' Sabrina says quickly as i glare at them, succubitches.

''Well, well, well...and are we to assume you'll be transferring to the Academy of Unseen Arts as well?'' Prudence asks, all three circling us like vultures.

''That's the plan'' i say blankly.

"That's unfortunate, we don't want half-breeds at the Academy'' she mocks.

''Well, it's a good job you're not in charge, or else everyone would be in deep s-'' i'm cut off by Sabrina.

''And who exactly are you calling half-breeds?'' she speaks with a confident tone.

"Isn't that what you are? half-witch, half-mortal?'' Prudence mocks again.

''Stay with your own kind, you don't want what happened to your mother and father to happen to you'' she threatens.

My guts twist and i feel my knuckles turn white.

''What did you say?'' Sabrina asks angrily.

''The accident...that took their lives'' Dorcas starts circling us again.

''It would be tragic if a similar one befell you'' Agatha copies.

''We're not gonna be baited or bullied by you, not in the woods and not at the Academy'' i say sternly.

"Stubborn mutts'' Prudence spits, They start chanting in Latin.

''What are you doing?'' Sabrina asks quietly.

''A curse? you're cursing us?'' she scoffs offended, i step forward.

''No, they're cursing me'' i say and quickly start chanting over them, they all disappear after the finish.

''What did you do?'' Sabrina asks as i stumble back and she catches my arm.