Blue

(Saturday Morning, Manhattan, New York)

Lance P.O.V

"Lance! Lance! Lance!" Maria's high pitched voice rang through the 16 year old boy's ears.

He sat up to see her eyes wide and a grin plastered across her face.

"Good morning gorgeous." Lance said smiling and curling a strand of the 6 year old's hair around his finger.

Maria giggled and got off of Lance's bed.

"Mama wants to talk to you Lance." She said. Lance nodded and got out of bed.

"Thank you for the message." He said winking at her.

She smiled. "Your welcome" she said and started skipping towards his bedroom door.

"Oh Maria!" Lance called as she got to the door. She turned around her eyebrows shooting up to her forehead.

"I love you." He said smiling softly. Maria smiled.

"I love you too!" She said and then ran out the door.

Lance watched her run and then sat back down on his bed.

His room was plain, having his bed and the bunk bed for his 10 year old twin brothers, it was a little crowded.

There were three dressers, and the walls were painted a pale blue.

Dark blue curtains cascaded down the walls, and there were pictures and crafts the three boys had made over the years. There were painted on glow-in the dark stars on the ceiling too. Their Mom had put them up when the boys went through phases of being scared in the dark but Lance still liked them.

He had always shared the room with the twins since they moved to New York, but he really didn't have a problem with it. Victor was loud and obnoxious, and Marco was a little weird and in his own world, but both boys were smart and had good intentions.

Lance padded over to his dresser and changed into shorts and a t-shirt. It was the beginning of summer, and Lance would be out of school by the end of next week and he was super excited.

In New York, he had spent his summer the same way: summer camp.

And he had enjoyed it too. He hadn't really made any friends at school except Rolo and Nyma. They were siblings, Rolo a year older than Lance and Nyma. The siblings were kind of in their own little friend group and acted like they didn't need anyone but themselves.

Lance had accumulated a crush on Nyma when he first met her, and became ok friends with Rolo. The three had been close but Lance never really felt excepted.

The siblings gave off a vibe that was like "leave me the fuck alone", and everyone at school knew that. But Lance wanted friends badly so they were all he had.

They had good memories too, usually hanging out at the siblings house because Lance's house was always full.

They had parties with just the three of them, went to festivals and museums sometimes and just hung out in general with small things. Like listening to music or watching Netflix.

Lance needed that since he was always sensitive when it came to the topic of relationships, ever since he left California..

Summer camp was great though. He felt he had a true friend there. Her name was Romelle. She was sweet and strong and her and Lance were very close. Lance didn't feel disconnected like he did around Rolo or Nyma around her. Romelle liked to paint and was super creative. She was also pretty funny and was super nice towards Lance.