Chapter 9

~Friday night~

Laying on the couch staring at the roof as Friends play in the background on the tv. Yes this is how I spend my Friday nights while the guys go to a dumb party and come home drunk. Well mason usually doesn't drink so I don't know at this point. The thoughts I had a few nights ago still run my mind. Do I like Mason? Is he trust worthy? Then again he's taken already, it's kinda just a blur.

Sighing I get up and go to the kitchen turning on the light. I open the fridge my eyes looking around to find something to drink. I grab a water bottle and close the fridge, turning off the light.

As I sit down on the couch I hear keys jingle and the lock open to then see two boys walk in. Well one is walking while the other is carrying my drunk sleeping brother on his side. I get up quickly and speed walk over to them helping Mason as he throws Ethan on the couch with a huff.

"What is that dude eating, rocks?" He says stretching his back and I chuckle quietly. "How was the party?" I question tilting my head to the side a bit as I look at him. He shrugs and sits down on the love seat.

"It was fine." I grab my still sealed water bottle and pass it to him. "Thanks for bringing my brother" he nods and unscrews the bottle taking a few gulps. I blink and go to the kitchen leaving the two boys in the living room. I lean against the island table as the few lights in the house and tv turn off everything pitch black. I hear Mason curse as I go to the living room trying not to bump into a wall.

"Emma?" Seeing Mason get up from the seat. "Yeah yeah I'm here. Did the power go out only in our house?" Walking towards the front door looking in the window seeing the streetlights out and houses pitch black like ours.

"I guess not" I feel a warm breath hit my neck and I jump slightly not expecting Mason to be that close. He backs up as I close the curtain and I look up at him seeing him run his fingers through his hair. I gulp and grab my phone from the pocket of my shorts, turning on the flash.

"I think we have some candles in the garage but I don't know for sure." I say moving the flash towards Ethan as he snores.

"I'm not going down there lil E, haven't you seen horror movies" he scoffs and goes on "or are you trying to get rid of me that bad" he teases and I practically hear the smirk in his voice. I shrug and walk over to the couch draping the blanket I was using over Ethan.

"He should be fine and the power should be up by tomorrow morning" I say and Mason finally grabs his phone turning on the flash too.

"Yeah, if the power did go out in every house in this area I feel bad for the drunk idiots in the party still" he laughs shaking his head. I walk to the staircase making sure not to trip.

"Well I'll be in my room if you need anything." Looking back and starting to go up. "Don't worry mommy I'll make sure to call you if there's any monsters under my bed" he says in a squeaky childish voice.

Rolling my eyes I make it to the top and walk to my room as I hear footsteps starting to come up the stairs. I open my door and go in closing it just as Mason gets to the top.

Sitting on my bed grabbing my portable charger from my nightstand I plug in my phone and mutter. "This will have to do for now." Moving the duvet getting in and hearing my phone vibrate on my nightstand. I grab my phone and see a text.

From Mason: how the hell do I charge my phone if the powers out. Smh

To Mason: idk I'm just using a portable charger

From Mason: this is why I ask you :)

I roll my eyes and text back

To Mason: okay okay goodnight sir

From Mason: no don't go mommy I hear something in my closet

To Mason: mhm, goodnight

From Mason: hmph night

I chuckle and shut off my phone putting it back on the nightstand turning over onto my side. Closing my eyes clearly not prepared to whatever may happen tonight. It definitely won't be good.