Chapter 14: Cheers

The youngest Weasley looked up from her open transfiguration textbook as the sound of hastened footsteps approached her in the farthest table within the library. It was an assortment of people she had never thought would be together, and yet for the past weeks, they had been meeting in the same spot to discuss matters of the Order.

Astoria Greengrass tugged a copy of The Quibbler out from her jumper's sleeve, patiently pulling at it to prevent even the slightest of noise from the crinkling paper. "Marlene was excellent, she and Madam Rosmerta practically have this cartel for newspapers. We managed to give a copy out to every student in Hogwarts."

The young Hufflepuff smiled bashfully, her cheeks flashing in Vermillion from the blistering cold

The young Hufflepuff smiled bashfully, her cheeks flashing in Vermillion from the blistering cold. "I just hated how we could only sneak past five copies last time – So, I made a plan." Marlene elaborated how she was able to uncover an underground path to The Three Broomsticks, coerced Madam Rosmerta to help them supply students with newspapers and transfigured the material into sugar cubes for easy transportation. "Rosmerta had a fee in mind for all the trouble she goes to buying the papers and handing it to us – I don't blame her, we could bloody have our heads blown off by doing what we do."

Derek procured a singular shining sugar cube from his pocket, placing it on the middle of the wooden study table for all to see. "It was a toughie to perfect it. I almost dehydrated Marlene's finger to beef jerky one time – but anyway, students just need to add water to turn it back to its natural state – "

Ginny furrowed an eyebrow at the boy, "How do they conceal it?"

"Once they crumple it, it'll morph back into a sugar cube." Astoria answered with a cheeky grin, "Brilliant, right?"

"Yeah, it's maddening." The redhead said, looking onward to the headline printed in bold letters: A SURPRISE APPEARANCE AT THE MINISTRY. The four gathered closely together and continued to read the article, slowly learning that Emily, Daphne, and Blaise had infiltrated the Ministry, attacked Umbridge and Yaxley, released a hoard of Muggleborns, and vanished without a trace.

"They're really not keeping themselves on the down low, aren't they?" The brunette joked, nervously looking at the moving picture of three teenagers, running into the green flames of a fireplace – her eyes gushing out every ounce of worry she had for her sister.

"It's good though, right? They must have found something useful there. Emily would go there without a purpose. I know Blaise and Daphne wouldn't either." Derek said with a fleeting look towards Astoria and Ginny.

With her at the head of the table, everyone's eyes fell on Ginny Weasley. At the very start of term, she stirred up the D.A until it woke into a new era – members both old and new functioned in secret within the castle. The meetings were as brief as melting snow, none of them wanted to risk a torturing hour with one of the Carrow twins.

She had Luna to work with sneaking The Quibblers and dispensing the information around the school, but now that the Ravenclaw had gone missing, it drove Ginny to recruit more members to the D.A. With Luna gone, it drove the girl to an immense need to fight back harder.