Chapter 15: Yule Logs

As if swooned over with a cool breeze on a hot day, the trio found it immensely refreshing to see familiar faces that weren't going to blast their heads off. Or even attempt to, anyway. It had been over three years now since they saw two of these Beauxbatons girls, and throughout time they had truly changed but somehow it just enhanced how they truly looked.

Anabella, a girl Emily met to be shy and reserved, stood tall before them with a beaming smile; her stature positively exhibiting a picture confidence and power. But other than that, she was still the stunning girl with honey blonde hair and a breath-taking smile that seemed to be molded to perpetually look like she knew something she shouldn't.

Emily stood up as Anabella and her companion approached their table, waving over to the neighboring table and summoning them spare stools. "It's about time you guys showed up." She joked, taking the girl into an embrace, laughing. The blonde rubbed her back fondly after squeezing her tightly, "Before we get right into business, I'm sure you remember Annabeth." Anabella asked, motioning to the girl standing to her right with the dark spiky bob.

She did remember her face well back when it was framed with straight red hair and bangs. Emily saw the confusion on both faces of the French girls when she remained silent, trying to remember anything about Annabeth. "Your hair's different."

"Thanks?" She said, unsure. Emily's eyes widened, embarrassed. "I meant it as a compliment, I didn't mean anything by it – "

Annabeth cocked her head to the side, a smirk forming across her mouth. Weirdly enough, it struck an odd cord in Emily's brain as if she had personally known her before. "Quit with the foreplay, Potter. If I remember correctly and believe me I do because I have pictured this meeting going in many different ways – we went our separate ways on good terms, what's up with you?

Daphne and Blaise sucked on the ice cubes that remained in their empty glasses, their eyes glued to the group of people before them, looking at them as their source of amusement. "Oi, Emily – this sounds serious, did you date this girl?" Daphne whispered to which she was promptly shushed by Blaise and Anabella.

Annabeth, in shock, turned to Daphne and Blaise. "Have you three forgotten that whole fiasco with my cousin – surely you lot know the truth now," She said in a hurt tone. Emily shook her head ruefully, "This sounds like an entirely new story to me... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you, Annabeth. But I really don't think we were all that acquainted with each other. I've seen your face around Hogwarts, of course. I've heard you bitch about Anabella – which brings me to the question: how did you manage to be friends, you hated her guts."

"It's not that hard to love me." Anabella quipped. "Just ask her ex-boyfriend."

Annabeth shot out a laugh, slapping the blonde's back as if whacking her soul out from her body. "That really does never get old." She said with a roll of her eyes. "But yeah, we are an unlikely duo. Even we were surprised."

Blaise frowned, coming to remember that the three of them were under the glamour charm. "How are you two so sure that you're talking to the right people? You girls positive that you know who we are under all this magic?"

With a lazy point of a finger, Anabella called their attention to look at the hooded figure over at the bar. "Martina has been watching you three since you left that townhouse near London Bridge. One of her many gifts is the power to eavesdrop at any grand distance, may it be through magical or muggle walls."

Emily smiled, waving at the person, however, Martina merely raised her glass to her and then turned back to the bar. "Cool. That's cool. We didn't even see her before – Or even hear her come in."