[1] leviticus

"MOLLY, YOU HAVE TO ATTEND CLASSES," Cordelia sighed, having had the same exact debate with the girl countless times

"But Delia," she sighed, flopping down into the chair in front of her office desk. "It's not fair to the others!"

"Witchcraft isn't a competition," she refuted. "Classes are not to suss out who is the most powerful, they are to teach you to control your abilities and enhance them."

Molly's lips pouted in defeat once again, causing Delia's breath to hitch as she looked her once more. There were moments since her... transition, where simply looking at her would freak the Supreme out.

There was no mortal, nor magical, explanation for her growth. One day, Molly had went to sleep an innocent seven year old, and had woken up the next day with the appearance of someone who had aged a decade over night.

She was so shocked she could have screamed when she first saw her, or passed out altogether, but Molly herself was so scared by her development, it was all she could think to do in comforting her.

In Molly's initial dazed state, Cordelia had asked her if she knew what contributed to her rapid development. Molly's answer confused her further.

"I have to match him, so I can beat him."

When she had recovered, Molly had no recollection of ever saying those words, but Cordelia couldn't forget. It became increasingly clear in the months after her arrival, Molly was no mere witch.

At six, she was already probably able for the test of the seven wonders, not that Cordelia would administer it. Not only was she far too young, the Supreme herself had the strangest sense that Molly wasn't a witch at all. It would certainly explain the extent of her powers and the fact Cordelia's health hadn't started to deteriorate yet. Alongside the tragedy of what happened to Misty, Cordelia was sure she wouldn't administer it again until she was sure.

After her metamorphosis into a full blown teenager, it almost solidified the notion. Nevertheless, Cordelia kept her under her wing. Power did not always equal madness, and she wanted to raise the girl right and make sure she wouldn't head down a dark path.

To protect her from the others, a story was told that Molly had returned to her parents, but that her sister had come instead as a newly-recognised witch. No one knew the truth, save for Cordelia, Myrtle and Zoe.

With an impatient huff, Molly left the office to return to her room, her head swimming with thoughts. She was fully aware of the glares the others would throw her way when she perfected something the first try, how she could do so much more than even the tutor demonstrated. She hated making them feel insecure, especially as she wasn't even sure she was a witch in the first place.