Chapter 6

The only thing above ground is our heads, the rest of our bodies are underground. How did we get here you may be wondering? Excellent question!
"Bandit, care to elaborate?" I say angrily  buried between the Lone Ranger and my good pirate friend dressed as an Indian.
"For the 24th time! It's John Reid or Lone Ranger!"
"Or, I call you whatever the heck I want because you got us into this...literally!" I say looking down at the hard dust beneath my chin.
"Fine! But he caused some of this too!" He says referring to my pirate.
I suddenly get defensive of him, "Hey! Don't go pointing fingers at him! He's barely said a word!"
"I'm not pointing fingers! I don't exactly have a finger to point with!" He yells.
"Enough!" I shout. Immediately I hear a neigh in the background along with a halted stop. "Horse!"
I don't think I've ever been happier to see a horse. Not that I've known many horses. I've known a few Centaurs though. Nasty bloody half breed creatures they are too.
I grab the horse's strap with my beautiful teeth and he pulls me out of the ground. I start to laugh slightly maniacal before I pull myself the rest of the way out of the ground and get on the horse to make a quick escape.
Suddenly I feel a terrible pull in my stomach. It's something I've never felt before, at least not to the extent of this. It was a gut feeling that I need to turn around. What could possibly be so important?
I turn around and my eyes instantly meet deep beautiful hazel ones. They are sad innocent eyes. When he sees me roll my eyes and dig him out, he smiles. "I knew you wouldn't leave me love."
"I suppose I owe you one for handing you over to the gang," I say getting back on the horse and pulling him up behind me. I don't know what's come over me. I think it's just my loving character in this world.
"What about me!" The Lone Ranger calls.
I almost want to shout back, but I suddenly have a deep realization that the gang and a train need to be stopped.
The horse realizes this too and gallops faster. I soon see the train.
I realize that my pirate who I now know is actually Tonto, is saying strange things - mostly in his native tongue but with a few English words mixed in - including silver bullet; evil; pocket watch, and train.
He shoves a pouch at me and points at my leg. I don't know what he means so I just focus on the task at hand - stopping the train.
How will I stop it?
Tonto again pushes the pouch at me. "Not now, I'm thinking!" I shout.
He opens the pouch and pulls out a piece of silver. Not just a piece of sliver actually, it's a silver bullet and he again points at my peg leg gun.
I finally get the message, but I don't really understand what good it'll do. After all, it's just one fancy bullet.
"Trust Tanto!" He shouts over the noise.
I'm about to put the bullet into my leg gun when all of a sudden I hear a yeehaw come from behind us. Normally I would be annoyed with seeing Bandit, but something is different. He's alot more serious when he shouts, "I got people on there! Wait for the signal!" I don't really know how he's going to get on but I don't really care either. I smile, remember who I really am, and shoot my shot - quite literally. Pitch black.