Chapter 3.

Meanwhile, at the kitchen table, Naruto worked on his essay that was due in a week. All that could be said right now, was that he's struggling. One sentence struggling. Naruto sighed deeply, scratching the back of his head. He was never good with essays. Looking at his barely typed paper was hurting his brain as much as it is.

"This is so stupid." The blonde groaned. He sat up and looked through the fridge for his third snack.

Unknowingly to him, a certain someone appeared.

"What are you doing here?" The man called. Naruto looked back and rolled his eyes.

"I want food to eat. Isn't that obvious?" He sarcastically said, continuing to search.

"Hn." Sasuke replied. He rolled his wheel to the blonde's portable workstation, seeing a scarcely written paper. Sasuke lifted one of his eyebrows in concerned. "What are you working on?" He asked, curiously.

Why is he asking so many questions, the blonde thought. "An essay." Naruto bluntly said. "Something about your dreams for the future." He sat back down. "The problem is I don't have one." Naruto rested his chin on his palm as he uses his other free hand to run through his messy hair away from his eyes.

Sasuke taken note and felt like he had required to do something for the boy. Beyond any doubt, they aren't getting along as much as Naruto would like. But even so, helping him doesn't hurt anyone right?

"Well, imagine something you always wanted to do. What's something that'll make you happy." Sasuke addressed. Not even making any eye contact as if this isn't humiliating as it is now. A cold hearted Uchiha, helping this hyperactive lowlife. What may have gone more regrettable?

Naruto eyes broadened. He tilted his head in disarray. Sasuke was kind of frantic at him, and presently the raven's making a difference towards him? Naruto only gave a grin at Sasuke. "Hehe, are you beginning to like me?"

"Seriously, be quiet. Before I change my mine idiot. And no, I don't like you. I really despise you." The young Uchiha said, crossing his arms and scoffed. The blonde yelled back at his irritating words.

"Whatever! I was only joking. Can't you take a joke or are you just a stuck up Uchiha?"

"I may be stuck up, sure. But my IQ level isn't low as yours."

Naruto groaned, putting his hands up. "Never mind, I'm doing this alone. I don't need your help."

Naruto checked his watch. It was already one o'clock. That's when Sasuke needs to go to his physical therapist.

"Well then, Mr. Uchiha, should we get going to your physical therapist."

"I don't want to go." Sasuke declined.

"Huh? It says that you should be going three days a week and your appointment is today." Naruto explained.

"Tch' there's no point..."

"But, Mr. Uch-"

"There's no point!" The raven yelled.
Naruto flinched. He didn't have to yell. What's bothering him so much that he doesn't want to go?

The room became quiet after.

"Why go when I know I won't get better. There's barely any nerves there. It won't help at all..." Sasuke trailed off. He slammed his fist on the table, frustrated. Naruto looked away, he didn't want to see this sight. It simply...hurts him.

Not being able to walk anymore must've been painful for him over the years. A bird with broken wings.

"I believe... I believe you'll get better."

The Uchiha lifted his head up, facing the blonde. They both made eye contact. His black orbs looking through those ocean eyes. Sasuke felt calmed and relaxed almost staring what feels like eternity.

"Let's just hurry up. I want to get this over with." The raven mumbled. "Call me Sasuke. Mr. Uchiha coming from you is irritating."

Naruto chuckled. He grabs the handle behind the chair and wheels him out of the house, to his small rental white car.

"Yeah, no." Sasuke said. In no way he could be seen in this...thing. "Go back in and check in my room. In my nightstand is my keys. We're going to go with my car." Sasuke explained, emphasizing the "my."

"What's wrong with this car?" Naruto asked. Sure, it's small but it still works.

"I don't like how it looks, so hurry and get the keys."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm on it." Naruto rushed back to the house. He went in Sasuke's room, opening up the nightstand drawer. What caught his eye was a folded paper. Naruto took it out unfolding it. The picture was Itachi and Sasuke and what looks to be their parents behind them. They're all smiling... Why did Sasuke...? He shook his head, getting the keys. He was going to be late.

"Hn, what took so long? It wasn't that hard to find." Sasuke said. He wasn't a patient man.

"Then where's yours?" Naruto asked.

"Hand me the keys."

Naruto did what he was told. Sasuke pressed a button, opening the garage. The car was a sporty one. The front was slim, every part was spotless, the color was dark grey that could be mistaken for black, and the windows were tinted. The blondes jaw dropped in amazement.

'Rich people.' Naruto thought. Sasuke only smirked knowing what the he thinking and through the keys at him.

"Let's go, I don't want to waste anymore time that we already have."

"Y-yeah." Naruto followed behind Sasuke, placing him in the passenger seat. The blonde sat in the driver's seat. He almost felt like he was... poor to be in. He sighed. As Naruto backs out and heads to Sasuke's physical therapist, he had to ask almost a regrettable question.

"Sasuke? Can I ask you something?" Naruto started.

"You're going to ask me how I became disabled." Sasuke said. Naruto stiffened. How the hell does he know? Is he reading my mind? Naruto only nodded.

Sasuke sighed. He knew he would have to the blonde someday if he still working for him.

"It was from a car accident. I lost my legs... and my parents..."

Naruto eyes widened. He looked over to Sasuke who happens to be staring at the window, still has his emotionless expression on, but his onyx eyes tell otherwise.

"It was a celebration for the Uchiha family, that we had to go to. I was driving and I really didn't feel good, but I couldn't disappoint my parents. My headache became more painful until some drunk driver was driving on out lane. I couldn't steer away on time causing us to both hit each other. I woke up in a hospital. Itachi told me that our parents died, and my legs were paralyzed."

So he lost his family too. Naruto thought. They were a kind of the same. Just in two different worlds. He couldn't help but feel bad for the raven. Was that why he became so cold and distant?

"You know...we're almost the same." Naruto mumbled.

Sasuke lifted his eyebrow. "How so?"

"I lost my parents too. They were killed though. After that I was an orphan. It was hard to live like that. I made a few friends, but all the others were too scared to be even near me." Naruto explained.

The whole drive was silent after. Only a depressed atmosphere was in the car. Unknowingly among them they were slightly relieved that they share something in common.

Naruto got out and went to the back getting Sasuke's chair out. He opened the door for Sasuke, helping him out and in his chair. Naruto helped pushed him to the main entrance of the building.

"Name please." The lady in the front demand. She had red spiked hair at end, and glasses.

"Sasuke Uchiha." The raven answered. The women checked her computer.

"You'll will be going in room 315, Mr. Uchiha" She bowed. Naruto took Sasuke to the room she told. The blonde knocked at the door. "Yes, come in!" The male voice shouted. Naruto opened the door for Sasuke to go in.

"Ah, Sasuke you're here just in time."