Chapter 8

When school ended, Naruto waved to his friends goodbye and heads to the Uchiha residents. 'I hope everything's going fine', Naruto thought.

Once Naruto was there, he rang the doorbell. After a few seconds, Naruto heard mumbling outside of the door. He put his ear against it. Sounds like an argument in there. Naruto rang the bell again and waited patiently when the door finally opened.

"I told you, I don't like-"

"Naruto!" Itachi exclaimed. "I'm assuming school has ended right?" The man said with a smile.

"O-oh yeah, it has." The blond answered, scratching the back of his head.

"So what brings you here?" Itachi asked. But before he wanted his answer, suddenly, Itachi perked his head up as if a light had been clicked. "Actually...Why not come in? We can talk inside instead." He grinned.

"No no, I was just-"

"I insist." Already pulling the boy inside the house, shutting the door behind him.

"Who was it?" The other Uchiha questioned with his arms crossed and eyes closed not wanting to face his brother.

"Naruto came by and he's here with me right now!" Itachi said, holding on to Naruto's arm. Sasuke immediately opened his eyes and looked up. There was a sudden awkward silence in the room. No one wanted to say anything. More like they didn't know what to say.

Naruto began fidgeting with his fingers, Sasuke lightly tapped his arm, and Itachi stood there with a slightly creepy smile. "I think I should prepare some tea. Lighten the mood a bit." With that, Itachi went in the kitchen, leaving the two alone. Some minutes have passed with silence between them.

"What are you doing here anyway?" Sasuke started.

"I just wanted to check up on you. That's all." Naruto replied chuckling.

"Hn. After a day of supervising me, you think I'm incapable of doing things, is that it?" Sasuke said sounding a little offended.
'Oh crap! Did I screw up?' The blonde thought.

"No of course not! I-I... W-well..." He stuttered, trying to quickly think of what to say. However, nothing came to him and panicked. As Naruto continues his panicking, Sasuke stared amusingly at the frantic blonde.

"Relax. I'm joking... Partially." Sasuke reassured. To think the Sasuke Uchiha would joke around. That was something new to Naruto. He saw the little smirk on that jerk's face, 'damn him', Naruto thought. Then again, it was nice to know that the raven haired man wasn't just some emotionless person. That made the boy genuinely smile. Sasuke noticed it and asked, "What? Why are you smiling about?"

Naruto shook his head. "It's just that...You actually do have a heart." He grinned. The Uchiha was taken back at his words that his face began to fluster. He quickly turned his head away.

"What are you even talking about, idiot. I obviously wouldn't be alive if I didn't have one." Naruto laughed and Sasuke, still embarrassed as ever, smiled too. Little did they know, Itachi was watching the whole thing.

"Look at my Otouto. It's like watching two kids trying to fall in love with each other. How cute." Itachi cooed. One if the maids, Sakura, cleared her throat.

"The tea is ready, Itachi-sama."

"Oh! Thank you. By the way, you should find someone who can love you dearly instead of having an unrequited love with my Otouto, don't you think?"The older man hummed.

Sakura's eyes widen and froze. It appears that Itachi knew since the beginning, ever since she first started working here. How she would gaze at the young Uchiha whenever he passes by her. They way she runs to his beck and calls.

Everything. He knew everything.

Sakura looked down in shame. She obviously knew that she was never going to get his attention. Well, not the attention she wanted. He only ever yells at her and tells how horrible she is at her job. But for some odd reason, the pink haired maid still loves him. Surprised she hasn't been fired yet.

Itachi watched Sakura as she contemplates her life. He sighed, thinking he probably hit a nerve. What a troublesome women indeed. "I think a few of our bushes need some trimming. Please see to it at once, Sakura." Sakura bowed and went to the garden. That should keep her mind off of things.

Itachi brought the tea set and sat down, pouring them a cup. "I was wondering about something. Back when I interviewed you." After Naruto drank some of his tea, he looked at Itachi confused. "You said you wanted to get a job because you needed to pay your rent, correct?" Naruto simply nodded. "Well, do you want to live here instead?"

Sasuke instantly choked, violently coughing. He whipped his head to Itachi in surprised. Naruto on the other hand sat in confusion. "Huh?" Was all he said, titling his head. "I don't want to be a bother and besides I'm fine living on my own."

"Trust me, you won't be bothering us. I think this idea makes it much easier to look after my Otouto and become close with him. I like you and I'm sure Sasuke does too." Itachi explained.

The young Uchiha sent a death glare at his brother. If his legs could move, he would surely kick him, sending him off to another dimension.

"I'll think about it." Naruto said.

"Very well then. Take all the time you need."

They all continued to drink in silence. However, the two boys started to feel a bit queasy about all this.

'What have I gotten myself into...'
Naruto and Sasuke thought in Unisons.

(Tea is so refreshing for the mind. - Itachi)