Foxglove (2)

You have chosen for Foxglove to lead the tour...

" Me?" Foxglove's eyes flickered faintly almost in a calm manner. Moon gave a sigh of what seemed like annoyance.

" Okay.. just so you know.. she may just.." Wolfsbane hesitated, carefully thinking about what she was going to say, " .. Not be the best guide.."

" Huh.? What d-"

" Nevermind that." Foxglove interrupts, stepping in front of you. " Come on, let's go then and start with the tour." she starts to walk off away from Wolfsbane, around to the other side of the cavern. You follow her after giving a quick glance at her. She almost seemed.. disappointed? Saddened? You feel a hand gently take you wrist as Foxglove starts to walk off, guiding you with her. You follow her down a tunnel as the sound of footsteps echo through the tunnel.

You walk into a new cavern, this one seemed to be maybe a lounge or common area? A quiet girl sat in the corner of the room, curled up next to an older girl. The older girl looked up as you walked in with Foxglove. She silently placed her index finger to her lips, then pointed to the girl next to her. She carefully stood up, leaning the girl against then beanbags they were sitting on. She then walked over to where you and Foxglove were.

" Hey, Foxglove." She greeted quietly, carefully not to disturb the sleeping girl.

" Hey, Stormfall.. Sapphire fell asleep? Indoors?" Foxglove spoke in a similar volume. ".. that's a surprise you don't see everyday.." she gave a soft laugh, " She's usually out in the gardens.. and usually falls asleep there."

" I know.. I managed to convince her to come inside for a change, since it's getting colder out. Winter's approaching." Stormfall sighed as she glanced back at Sapphire, " Sapph was pretty reluctant.. but she came in anyway. And when she did, she sat down on the beanbags with me.. and less than 10 minutes later, she fell asleep."

" That's probably for the best.. she hadn't been getting enough lately." Foxglove nodded slightly, her tail swayed.

" Speaking of not getting enough sleep.. have you been getting enough?" Stormfall turned her gaze to Foxglove, her hazel eyes narrowed slightly, " you've got dark circles under your eyes.."

".. I'm fine Stormfall." Foxglove looked away slightly. " Come on, (Y/N) let's go.." she sounded urgent, almost as if she wanted to end the conversation with Stormfall. She starts towards a set of stairs. Her wings trailing gracefully behind her as she starts climbing them. You scramble after her, feeling Stormfall watch you go.. You cast a nervous glance back at Stormfall. She had returned back to sitting with Sapphire, her dark brown eyes briefly made eye contact with you before she looked away.

".. S-Stormfall..? Who's here..?" Sapphire's voice whispered nervously as she sat up.

" No danger." Stormfall responded calmly, "... Go back to sleep, Sapp.. you'll need it for tonight's meeting."

".. I'm not tired.." Sapphire argued as Stormfall gently nudged her onto her back again.

" You can't fool me, Sapp. You haven't been getting a sufficient amount of sleep for the past week. You need.."

" (Y/N)." Foxglove's voice snapped you back to where she was, at the top of the stairs. How long were you listening to Sapphire and Stormfall? " We come back here.. if you'd like. For now let's finish the tour." she waves for you to come to her. You scramble up the stairs to where she was. As soon as your foot hits the top step, she turns around and starts walking into the hallway? Tunnel? Whatever.. You continue to follow her. As you walked down the hall, you feel something or someone start to watch you and Foxglove. You instinctively turn around, only to face the shadowy walls of the hallway. The shadows shifted slightly in the light that raidiated off Foxglove's pendant as she walks to your side. " Something up, (Y/N)?" she asked quietly, waving her pendant back and forth, the shadows retreating from the light.

'.. Someone's watching us..' she wanted to say, but the words got stuck in your throat, unable to speak the words.

".. Nothing." you responded instead. Foxglove flicked her tail, casting you a sideways glance as she turned around and started walking down the hall again. You feel the presence return as you follow her. You casted a nervous glance over your shoulder, catching a ripple in the shadows. You shiver, shaking away the thoughts. It's probably not a ghost or spirit.. It's probably just your imagination.. Just paranoid, right..? Foxglove doesn't seen to sense anything wrong so you shrugged it off. The feeling remains as you travel though a series of almost maze like tunnels. Ember seems to know her way around, but if you were alone.. you could have easily gotten lost.

You walk outside of a tunnel, the bright and vibrant colors of the sunset shimmered in the sky as Foxglove walks towards th edge of the ledge, or rather.. platform you were on. Twin flying creatures landed on the platform, a gryphon and a dragon. The gryphon had messy golden yellow fur and feathers while the dragon had a more amberish gold colored scales with hints of dull gold and tan here and there. " Hey, boys. Welcome back." Foxglove greets as she walks up to the two creatures as feathers surrounded the gryphon and mist surrounded the dragon.

" Hey, Fox."

" It's good to be back." a second voice responded, half yawning as a boy stepped out of the feathers, ".. Nice to be greeted by such a fine lady."

" Don't try that with me." Foxglove rolled her eyes before punching him playfully in the arm with a soft giggle. " You know it won't work."

".. Well it did work. See? I made you laugh." The gryphon smirked slightly in triumph.

" Brother, if you please.." a boy placed his hand on the gryphon's shoulder, " Don't try with fox.."

" Yeah sure, Guardian. Like h-" The gryphon spat back.

" Watch your tongue, Eagle" Guardian interrupted, his scaled tail lightly tapped against his mouth.

" Anyways." Eagle waved Guardian's tail away. " Who's this?" He steps around Ember, his eyes fixed on you.

Would you care to tell your gender?

Girl? Page 5

Boy? Page 4