Cloud & Sapphire (7)

The pair of girls on the couch..

You walk over to the two girls who were sitting on the couch. They stop talking as you drew near.

" Hi." one of them greets, her pretty blue eyes flickered faintly as she waved. The girl who sat next to her tensed slightly before giving a nervous wave as well. " You're the new member right?"

" New member..?" you hesitated for a second before answering, " Yeah."

" Nice to meet you, I'm Skye. This is Jewel. Or Cloud and Sapphire." the girl smiled as she tapped Jewel's shoulder, " She can be.. a bit shy sometimes."

" I-I'm not shy.." Jewel spoke quietly. her clouded blue eyes shimmered faintly with a sense of a mystical fire.

" Whatever you say." Skye giggle as she scooted over, " Here, have a seat, the meeting will start in a second."

" .. N-no it won't.." Jewel shook her head, " S-Sea's experiencing.. some difficulties.." as she spoke, Ember stood up before heading out of the room. She seemed in a rush.

" Huh? Really?" Skye blinked as her eyes followed Foxglove, " Well, then I trust you on that.."

" Where's Foxglove going?" you ask quietly as the chatting started up again after Foxglove left the room.

" Probably to check on Sea." Skye shrugged, " She's always so worried about him.. Even more worried than his own sister." she pointed to the girl who was arguing with the boy, " It's really interesting, if you ask me."

" M-maybe she cares because s-she's his mate.." Jewel spoke up, her clouded eyes seemingly flickering with life.

" Hm.. that's a possibility, but then again, she might not. She's an assassin after all, her job requires her full attention, in her opinion." Skye shook her head, " She doesn't seem ready to settle yet.. Not that I'm doubting your abilities, Sapp."

" Abilities?" you ask, prompting Jewel to shift slightly.

" E-everyone of us has a different ability. M-mine being prophecy." Jewel explained quietly.

" In other words, she's a seer. Ad for me," Skye gave a smile, " I'm a mind controller." you nod slightly, " Though the others don't know the full extent of the abilities." she added with a sigh.

" N-never mind know the full extent, we r-recently found out about it and are still trying to control it.." Jewel added quickly.

" Don't think so lowly of your powers, you two." a new voice spoke out, " You're both perfect the way you are." a girl with black hair and dark brown eyes sat down on the couch arm. A leopard tail swayed slightly before settling beside her.

" H-hi, Stormfall.." Jewel greeted softly as Stormfall placed an arm on her shoulder.

" Just because everyone else has mastered their abilities, doesn't mean you have to." Stormfall shook her head gently, " Also, I hear our feared assassin hasn't even mastered her's." she added with a chuckle.

" No way!" Skye yelled as her blue eyes widened with disbelief, " She has to have mastered it!"

" That's what everyone thinks, Cloud. The truth is, no one here has unlocked their full potential yet." Stormfall responded, " Well.. except for Angel and Alpha, of course."

" Th-that comes as no surprise." Jewel nodded, her pale clouded eyes shimmered faintly, " T-they've been here the longest.. the founders of the Pack.."

" Hey, Stormfall, do you know if the rumors are true?" Skye asked, " About Angel?"

" Hm.. About Angel's origins?" Stormfall blinked, tilting her head to the side. " Well, yes and no. Angel was from Sky Pack, but not in the way the Pack legends describe her. She was a great and noble warrior who commanded many of the people in Sky Pack. You could even say she was a leader in a way."

" She left that?" you ask, confused. Why would someone leave such a high and proud life?

" Yes she did. It's true that she had a love of power and dominance. She attracted many males and females with her charismatic words and ways, but the thing is.. she wasn't happy.." Stormfall flicked her leopard tail as she turned to face you and the girls, " She knew the leader at the time was severely corrupt and power hungry. From what I can gather from my conversations with Seraphina, she and her brother, Lucifer, were born to two very highly respected warriors. She was born as as an angelic sky dragon, her brother, a demon like hybrid of a mountain cat and a dragon."

" Seraphina?" Skye piped up.

" Angel's actual name. She kept her code name from Sky Pack when she traveled over here with Alpha." Stormfall blinked as she recalled the memories, " Now.. where were we..?" Her leopard patterned ears flicked forward, " Jumping off that high position, Seraphina and Lucifer worked their way to the top of the Pack. They had very different ways of doing that thought. Seraphina, on one side, was using her charismatic words and gentle natured personality. Lucifer, on the opposite side of the spectrum, was more.. violent in his struggle to get to the top as far as I know... He started out like Seraphina, but soon fell away and down a path of constantly challenging and battle. Eventually, the time came to select a new leader, since then old one was growing tired. The obvious candidates were Seraphina and Lucifer." she stopped, " I'm afraid that's all I know about it.."

" That's waaayy more than what we know!" Skye spoke happily,. " thanks for telling us."

" Jewel, you're awfully quiet today.." Stormfall noted, prompting the girl to snap out of her trance.

"H-huh??" Jewel looked around frantically.

" Nevermind.." Stormfall placed her hand on Jewel's shoulder, " Don't worry, Sapp, nothing's happening."

" Sapp's quite the jumpy personality." Skye shook her head, " How do you expect to survive like that?"

" Not everyone's the same.." you remark, looking up to see Ember back with the girl and talking to her. When did she get there? She would have passed by you and the girls when she went there.. Maybe you should go ask? The girl and boy who were arguing are still arguing..

Where to?

Foxglove and the girl? Page 6

To the arguing pair? Page 8