Pierre and Darlene.. (8)

The two people arguing..?

You start towards the boy and girl who were arguing.
".. I don't care what your strategy says. I say attack is the best option!" the girl growled. Black tail feathers trailed gracefully behind her as she stood centimeters away from the boy. He had pale dragon feathers, horns and a furred tail.
" If you attack, it'll only bring more problems." the boy reasoned, " There's a reason why the war between Sky and Dusk left Dusk weakened. There were too many direct assaults. Its–"
" That's history! Not like it's going to happen again!" the girl interrupted, " Besides, if we take them down now, we won't have to deal with them later." the girl waved her tail feathers, brushing her hair back, " See my point, Pierre?"
" That's the thing. If you go full out on an attack, you're leaving our territory open to attack." Pierre continued. The girl's eyes narrowed as she glared at Pierre, " Its–"
" Pierre, it's pointless trying to argue with her." a new voice sighed, " Don't argue with the stubborn crow." you glanced beside you to find a girl in a green vest who looked like she was once part of the army.
" That's right you– Hey! That's not true!" the girl turned on the new person, steam practically pouring from her ears.
" Come on." the girl calmly guided Pierre away, ignoring the feathered girl as she yelled after them.
" Cowards! Can't even argue!" the girl turned away with a huff. Her slate colored eyes briefly caught yours. " Don't you think?"
" Huh?"
" Cowardly?" she gestured towards Pierre and the girl, " I'm Darlene by the way, call me Dare. Nice to meet you."
" Um.. Hey, I'm (Y/n)." you responded wigh a wave. Darlene glanced back again, swishing her tail feathers. Her slate colored eyes glanced towards the doorway, " You're new here, right?"
" Yep." you nodded. Darlene tilted her gaze, swishing her tail once more. She brushed a hand against her ponytailed hair, flicking it back.
" Well, then, you've come the right person. I'm the co-founder of this place. Having a good relationship with me means high status." Darlene flashed a smirk almost as she stepped forward towards you. Her slate gaze glistened as she swished her tail. Her gaze slowly looked outside. Behind you, the girls were still talking and Foxglove was speaking to the girl still. You could still.. go to them? But that's your decision..

To Fox? Page 7
To the girls? Page 8

Darlene's eyes brightened, " Tell you what, I've got something to show you." she snagged your hand, starting to tug you towards the door. You briefly catch a familiar brown gaze as you are practically yanked out of the room.
" Where are we going to?" you asked as Darlene continued to drag you down the hall. She ran into a hallway which soon lead outside.
" Trust me, it'll be great." Darlene casted you an assuring smile before yanking you forward, " Jump!" she leaped up, leaving you no choice but to follow as your arm is yanked after her. You look down to see a dark and long drop down.
" What are you doing?!" you yelp as you started falling. Darlene had just let go of your hand. You continue falling until a set of talons grabbed your shoulders, swift bringing your fall to a horizontal flight. The talons released as your feet touch the stone a good distance away. A burst of cold warmth formed beside you as Darlene stepped in front of you.
" See? No problems." she commented with a slight giggle.
" Right.. no problems." you repeated nervously. This girl was crazy! She nearly let you drop to your possible death!
" Take a look." Darlene blew a plume of flames. The tunnel lit up, revealing a tunnel that opened up to a cave on the other side. You follow Darlene as she walks to the cave. She holds her hand out to stop you as soon as the two of you approach the end of the tunnel. The flame in her open hand flaired up before spreading through the cave, lighting up what looked similar to a large colluseum. The tunnel ends at a sudden drop along with a couple of others tunnels in circular shape.
" Woah.." your eyes widened, seeing the space, " What.."
" It's a recent thing I've been exploring." Darlene's gaze glowed faintly in the flame light as the flames came back, circling around you and Darlene in a ten foot circle.
" So you're the one why found it all?!" you suddenly yelped as the realization hit you.
" What? Finding the underground system?" Darlene asked, coming up behind you, " If yes? Then you're right." she gave a small laugh, circling in front of you, " Well, let's go." she grabbed your hand, pulling you along as she made her way towards the sudden drop of ledge.
" Wait, what are we doing?" you asked, freezing in place. Was she planning on pushing you off or something?
" Don't worry, I'm not planning on trying to hurt you." Darlene tugged again, " Though there are those people who will in the pack, I'm not one of them. Now trust me!" she tugged harder, pulling you to the edge of the ledge. You teetered for a second before falling back. A feathered shape flew overhead, grabbing your shoulders and spreading open dark wings. Long, silvery and midnight tail feathers opened behind. " Told you." Darlene gave a slight smirk as you looked around. She set you down on the ground of the floor of the colluseum. 
" Okay..?" you responded, still looking around. She did prevent you from falling to your death, but then again.. does it count if she was the cause?
" Now, about what I was saying earlier." Darlene landed in her human form, " I'd be careful around the assassins of this pack. They tend to be.." she paused slightly before sighing, " Be a bit crazed at times. In particular, a certain fox named Kasumi." Wait.. what?!
" What do you mean?" you asked, eyes widening. Kasumi is crazed? Since when?? She's always acted like a sweetheart and was always willing to help, as far as you could tell..
" Oh.. don't tell me you believe her lies too?" Darlene gave an exasperated groan, " She isn't a total sweetheart. That's just her outward mask."
" It is..?" you asked, still hesitant to believe. It it was, however, true.. Then Darlene could have just caused you to deter from danger again..!
" ( Y/n)..?" a sweet voice called, echoing through the colluseum. It was Foxglove, " Darlene?"
" Come on, we need to go." Darlene urgently grabbed your hand, starting to lead you away, " Don't let that demon see you."

Go to Foxglove? Page 12

Follow Darlene? Page 13