7

The next day I woke up and briefly wondered where I was and why I was so lucky to have a bed made of clouds. It was then that I realised I was in Thailand with Vincent Pendlebury and our parents were hellbent on us getting married. I still couldn't quite figure out who was benefitting from this. As far as I could see I was the only one who would benefit. I was the one that was marrying in to the rich family, I would inherit their name and their money. Vincent didn't get much, just a pain in the ass wife and my parents weren't getting anything other than the peace of mind that I would be looked after and a couple of fancy cars.

It was a pity I wouldn't go through with it.

Anyone who knew me knew that I would never date let alone marry someone for money.

"Isla are you awake?" There was a soft knock at my door and then after a moment the door opened slowly and Vincent peeked his head around the door. "Do you still want pancakes for breakfast?" He asked as he opened the door the whole way and walked in.

"Yeah," I nod my head and sit up in the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. "Do you want me to cook you breakfast?" I cocked an eyebrow at Vincent who was standing in the middle of my room rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

"I don't know how to cook." He mumbled.

I laughed softly. "Come on, I'll teach you." I tell him and hop out of the bed and tie my hair in to messy bun on top of my head and walk past him and in to the kitchen to find all the ingredients we bought the night before. "I need to go to a cash machine today, like before we go to the water park." I tell him as I pull out a big bowl and get all the ingredients.

"We might only stay here for a few days, once you take the money out, they'll know where you are." He said as he sat on a stool on the other side of the bench. I switched on the coffee pot and go to work on making the pancakes. "How are you feeling today?" He asked me curiously as he watched me work.

"I'm fine." I said.

"Don't lie to me, Isla."

"Vincent, can you do me a favour and just assume that I am fine when I say I'm fine. I don't want to think about why I'm not fine or why I'm here with you and not getting ready for school and telling my mom I love her." I looked up from the batter I was mixing and raised my voice a little to get my point across. I didn't want to talk about the arranged marriage or the fact that my mom hated me and wanted me to go home so she could ground me for the rest of my life.

"Isla, you can't bottle this up." He said quietly.

"Yes I can." I shook my head and turned away from grabbing a frying pan out of a cupboard and lighting the stove. "Blueberries or bananas?" I asked completely changing the subject.

"Isla,"

"Blueberries or bananas?"

"Isla, stop!"

"Vincent if you don't answer me I'm just gonna give you plain old pancakes. Not butter or syrup just fucking pancakes. So blueberries or bananas?"

"Blueberries, Jesus." He threw his hands up in the air and got off the stool and walked back to his bedroom and I continued making the pancakes, not feeling any better than I had a few minutes before when I was laying in a bed of clouds thinking about our predicament.

When they were done I cleaned the pan and placed a large plate full of pancakes on the table for Vincent and went to get dressed. I picked out white denim jeans and a yellow crop top and slipped on a pair of converse to go with it. When I had brushed my hair I went back out to the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee and went to sit at the kitchen table with my pancakes.