21

When we got back from our walk I noticed that Vincent's bedroom door was open and then I found him walking down the hallway from my bedroom. I looked at him curiously and he smiled sheepishly at me but didn't say anything and walked right past me without a word. I frowned and walked to my room and sat on the edge of my bed and picked up my phone.

I was worried that he might have gone through it to see the other messages but nothing was out of place. After scrolling through the feed I logged out of Facebook and went to the kitchen to organise some breakfast. Vincent was outside sitting at the table with Jesse and it looked like they were having a pretty serious conversation. Vincent looked over his shoulder at me and frowned. I hoped that Jesse wasn't telling him about Brent and the actual reason that we broke up. Or maybe I hoped that he would, so I wouldn't have to.

As far as Vincent knew, after my party we argued for a couple of weeks and we broke up. He knew nothing about Brent threatening to go to his house and confront him because he thought I was cheating on him with Vincent or that he hit me. I wanted to keep that from him for as long as possible, mainly because I didn't want to be the one to tell him. When I'd finished getting a bowl of cereal and some yogurt Vincent was standing behind me.

"Hey,"

"You didn't tell me that he hit you," He said softly.

"I didn't tell anyone."

"You should have told me,"

I was kind of mad that Jesse told him but then the other half of me was relieved that I didn't have to tell him. I didn't want to tell the story more than I had to.

"It wouldn't have made any difference," I shook my head sadly.

"Was it because of that stupid cake thing?"

"Vincent, we talked about this on the cruise, it was most definitely not your fault. The cake thing was supposed to be a joke, he didn't take it well and that's not your fault. He obsessed about it and took it too far."

"If I didn't do it this wouldn't have happened."

"Stop," I shook my head. "Whether or not you did it doesn't change the fact that he still would have done something like that. It wasn't your fault," I shook my head again. "It was almost two years ago, Vincent, I need you let it go." I picked up my bowl of muesli and walked outside. I was sad about the fact that he thought it was his fault, it was the reason I hadn't mentioned it on the ship, apart from the fact that it made me uncomfortable to talk about.

"Thank you," I whispered to Jesse when I sat down at the table.

"He needed to know and I didn't think you'd wanna repeat the story."

The day went slowly, Vincent disappeared with the car for a couple of hours and Jesse went to bed shortly after we had breakfast. I was bored and wanted to do something so I walked down to the shops and got on a bus and went to the mall. It was huge, it had a river that sort of flowed underneath it and they had paddle boats and big inflatable balls that you run around in on the water.

I did some shopping and picked up some chicken for a Japanese curry and decided to uber it home. Since we'd arrived with a whole heap of cash Jesse made some bank accounts in his name for us and the cards had arrived during the week. When I got home Jesse was still asleep and Vincent was back but i'm pretty sure he was in his room so i made myself a cup of coffee and after putting the groceries away I made a couple of sandwiches and knocked on Vincent's door. "You hungry?" I asked as i walked in with the plate of sandwiches, I was eagerly followed in to the room by Paris and Moose.

"Yeah, thanks." He said and sat up.

"Are you mad that I didn't tell you?" I asked Vincent curiously as I sat on the bed next to him.