wishes

Onome was about to be giving out by her father into marriage.

She smiled at her mother as she waved at her sitting on a sit next to her father the king.

She got up, walked straight to her husband and sat on the sit closest to him. The  sit was prepared specially for her awaiting this very moment.

All the folks around were happy and they all applaud, showing she's now married to a young man. The man she is to sit close to.

Oluko's father stood up to thank king Ohiofuafo for trusting him so much and to give out his only daughter as a bride to his son Oluko.

Instead giving a vote of thanks, the old man talked like a preacher giving a sermon.

Oluko winked at her and she blushed. The two lovers are so much in love and they can not wait for the ceremony to be over. All they want is to be left alone.

She could not stop smiling, it was all she ever wished for and it was all so true and real.

Immediately she heard a voice calling her,

"queen Onome."

the voice called her the second and third time, then it stopped.

Onome got confused because no one could hear the voice, it was all in her head.

Oluko grinned at her and she smiled, trying to get the voice out of her mind, she focused more on the reality in her very own illusion.

"Queen Onome! Queen Onome!!"

The voice called again, but this time faster like its urging her to answer...

In reality, the warrior beauties were just moving about haphazardly in a cycle.

Eguolo the dancer who was the only one dancing at that point but sorrowfully, with tears in her eyes, intercepted with Onome.

Oluko stood up and rushed to offer help as Onome fell down from her sit, she felt someone pushed her but nobody saw anything.

She got scared as the voice called again and again without stopping.

Her head began to spin and it was like she's loosing her mind and the voice said lastly in cracked tone.

"Focus"

Then she realized that was the Oracle speaking and she closed her eyes trying to meditatively force her way through the crowed of people celebrating her marriage but they all kept calling her.

Onome don't leave us,

they all tried to remind her of things that she believed were true, but something kept telling her she is a queen and she felt she have got much more purpose in life than this fantasy  of love that might not last long.

"Onome my love,"

Oluko said,

"please dont leave me, remember our plans, we are to spend the rest of our lives together."

She felt heart broken because she really feel something strong towards Oluko.

But she stood up from her sit, eyes still closed, she focused her imagination only on the Oracle's voice and at last she came back to her senses.
She found the three princess moving about in pains and repeating different things, things they loved doing.

Eguolo was dancing without any tune or beat and her eyes could not stop dropping tears. She continue crying while she danced, it was a though her gift is giving her so much pains, she wanted to stop but could not.