*Insert title* (edited)

Mist rolled across the grass, leaving the forest foliage buried under the heavy weight of dew drops

Mist rolled across the grass, leaving the forest foliage buried under the heavy weight of dew drops. Neasa leaned against an oak tree's gnarly trunk, surveying the scene before her and smiling contentedly to herself. 

The Svanhidlra had no kingdom, so they usually lived in the cramped pieces of land resting in between the actual kingdoms.  Yunu and Neasa lived in the forest undergrowth close to Juery, which was a city in the south of Anmyt, where the sound of rain pitter-pattering against the ground provided a steady lullaby for forest-dwellers. 

Neasa let her tail spring out of its tight coil, feeling the warm caress of the sun against her skin. The slop of mud that blanketed her feet started to dry and harden, encasing her foot in a shell of compact dirt.

A loud thump battered her eardrums, accompanied by the sound of dry leaves crunching. Neasa's heart jumped, and she tiptoed cautiously towards the source of the noise, finding coverage behind trees and bushes. 

Lying among a pile of crinkly leaves was a Cynesig. He had creamy, amber skin speckled with pale lavender scales, and protruding out of his back was a pair of bright red bat wings.

Neasa wished she had the courage to help him, but the overwhelming fear of confrontation was too fierce for her to resist. She heard the sound of racing footsteps stumbling towards her, and she immediately regretted her past curiosity. She quickly clambered up a nearby tree, the hard dirt on her foot flaking and crumbling onto the ground. The soles of her feet were hard and calloused from years of climbing, and her movements were swift and silent. She weaved between branches and leaves, feeling the muscles in her arms strain as she struggled to reach the top.

"Rina! See, I told you! I wasn't lying, was I?" a voice yelled. Neasa peeked from behind her hiding place, spotting the two Cynesigs that she had met at the party.

"What are we going to do with him?" the girl, Rina, asked. She glared angrily at the unconscious Cynesig lying limp on the ground.

Neasa tensed. She wondered if she ought to do something. After all, she did live just around the corner.

"I don't know. Maybe we should fly him back to your place? It's only a few hours away..." She heard Greyson suggest. That was it. She had to say something.

"I-I l-live around here," Neasa mumbled feebly, stepping out of the shadows with her head bowed and her shoulders scrunched up so high they brushed against her earlobes.

"Oh, I remember you! What was your name again?" Greyson asked, sounding not the least bit surprised.

"N-Neasa," Neasa whispered hesitantly.

"Do you live far away.?" Rina questioned.

"N-No. I-I live...here..." Neasa trailed off weakly, wondering exasperatedly why the genetic lottery had been so cruel to her.