Jungkook ♡ Waiting For A Cure | Zombie AU

Published: November 12, 2018
Rewritten: February 9, 2024

Word count: 5,600

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

Burning.
The muscles in your legs were burning, aching for a moment's rest but you couldn't stop. If you stopped you'd be dead.
Throwing a glance over your shoulder, you found that the hoard of zombies were still limping after you. One might think zombies were slow-moving, but they'd be surprised. If you don't keep a steady pace, they can catch up to you in a matter of seconds.
Much to your relief, you spotted your house in the distance, the sight giving you that boost of energy you needed to get yourself to safety. You pushed your legs to move faster and managed to make it to your front door unscathed, but something was off.

The door was open.

Oh no.
You pulled your gun from its holster and pointed it ahead so that whoever had entered your house—human or zombie, would be met with the barrel of a deadly weapon. It wasn't unheard of for people to break into homes and steal things. After all, that's what humanity had to do to survive, especially in these conditions.

The soles of your boots hardly made any noise as you stepped inside, slowly pushing the door closed before scanning the living room.
"I don't know if you're a human or a zombie, but you're not welcome here." You kept your voice firm and steady as you spoke, stepping into the kitchen. "So if I were you, I'd leave right now unless you want a bullet in your head."
One by one, you checked the other rooms in your house but didn't find anything or anyone. Perplexed, you furrowed your brows, wondering if perhaps you just forgot to close the door. Though you clearly recalled closing it on your way out. There was a mental checklist of things you routinely did before setting out on your own and closing the door was one of them.

You shrugged and shook off the thoughts pestering your mind, sliding your weapon back into the holster at your hip before going to the kitchen to make yourself a sandwich on stale bread.
With what you classified as a decent meal in hand, you plopped down on the couch to enjoy it.
By some miracle, the electricity was still going, which allowed you to keep any frozen or refrigerated items nice and cool. Even with this epidemic going on, the government had been doing its best to keep power going for any survivors while they worked with vaccine researchers to find a cure for this before it spread too much. Though, it had been six months since the outbreak started and it's been complete radio silence, literally. You kept an old radio in the living room which is where any government messages would come through and so far you've heard nothing.

You had gone out scavenging for supplies earlier but didn't get far because of that stupid hoard of zombies, thus resulting in your findings for the day being less than impressive.
Like most days, you found yourself wishing the apocalypse never happened, longing for things to go back to normal and wondering when and if the government had found a cure for the zombie disease that's taken over majority of the population.