Jin ♡ A Date With Death | Grim Reaper AU

Published: November 19, 2018
Rewritten: February 9, 2024

Word count: 1,850

DO NOT read or interact if you're under 14

A paper was was tossed towards the trash can only to bounce off the rim and fall to the floor

A paper was was tossed towards the trash can only to bounce off the rim and fall to the floor. You huffed lightly and crumpled up another piece before throwing it, watching as it landed directly in the plastic bin.
"Yes!" You cheered, holding your clenched fists up in victory.

It was a slow day at the Grim Reaper Headquarters. You had absolutely nothing to do and no souls to reap, yet you still had to show up for work. What had you been doing all day? Sorting death certificates. Filing wasn't even your department. Thankfully, all the work had been done, however, you still had an hour left until your shift ended.

You released a drawn-out sigh and dropped your head on your desk, making a small thump in the process. A knock on your office door followed shortly after, causing you to sit upright.
"Come in."
Your tone was laced with dread and exhaustion, expecting your supervisor to come in with last-minute paperwork. Instead, it was your least favorite coworker that stepped into your office. Kim Seokjin.
What little expression you had on your face fell immediately at the sight of the reaper.
"Oh." You grumbled flatly. "It's you."
"Now, Y/n. Don't be like that." He cooed, closing the door behind him.
"What do you want?"
"I'm glad you asked. I just finished reaping my last soul for the day and I wanted to come and see you." He took a seat on your desk and removed his black hood.
"Yeah well I don't want to see you."
"Ouch." He placed his hand over his chest in mock hurt. "Why so cold?"
"Because you're obnoxious and annoying. Why don't you go find someone else to flirt with?"
"Because I don't want to."

You groaned and dropped your head back down on the desk in exasperation. A light touch tickled you as Jin slowly started rubbing his hand along your back.
"Don't touch me."
He quickly retracted his hand.
"Why won't you just talk to me? Can't we talk normally instead of you always pushing me away or insulting me?" You could hear the pout in his voice.
Huffing, you lifted your head and decided to indulge him for a moment.
"Fine. How was your day, Jin?"
"It was good. Thank you." He grinned.
"Okay. Goodbye."
"Come on, Y/n!" He whined. "You don't really want me to leave."
"Yes I do."
"Okay so what are you gonna do when I walk out of here? Go back to throwing paper wads into the trash can?" He asked.
Your eyes widened a little.
As much as you hated to admit it, He did have a point.
"Yes." You responded.
Jin laughed which made you deadpan.
"Let me take you out somewhere."
"Not interested."
"I'm serious. Let's go out to eat or something. I know you're bored to death."
You narrowed your eyes at him.
He sat there with his mouth open like a person who just told an awful joke and was waiting for a reaction—because he did tell an awful joke and was waiting for a reaction.
"Ha. Ha." You responded sardonically.
He erupted in laughter that was akin to the sound a squeaky windshield wiper makes.
"It wasn't that funny, Jin."
He continued to laugh. A tiny chuckle slipped out which made you cover your mouth only to burst into laughter a second later.
"See? You're laughing!" Jin pointed.
"I'm only laughing because your laugh is funny."
"Excuses, excuses." Jin grinned, lightly booping your nose.
Your body instinctively jerked away from him, though the faint warmth in your cheeks gave away how you really felt.