Chapter 1

My name is (Y/n) (L/n), and I've been a teacher here at UA high for a little over two years now. I teach the Close Combat class and I see students come and go all the time, all depending on if this class is cut out for them. I'll be honest, this class is hard. I never take it easy on any of my students and my class moves at a very fast pace.

Some teachers say that I'm a little too harsh, and at times, I am. But, I don't believe in being nice and always sugar coating things. The world becomes too sweet if we sugar coat everything. I'm seen as rude and unforgiving in some eyes, but I didn't make it to the ranks of a pro-hero by being gentle and nice all the time.

"Wrong move." I said clearly as I grabbed the student I was fighting with by the wrist. With a few swift moves, I had taken him to the ground and pinned him down. His body made a loud thud as he hit the ground. I stood up and brushed myself off and looked around at the other students. "Can anyone tell me what he did wrong?"

One of the girls in my class, Momo Yaoyorozu, raised her hand and spoke. "He lunged at you without thinking, therefore making his movements predictable."

I nodded. "Correct. When in a close combat figh-" I was cut off by the bell, signaling the end of the day. The students rushed toward the door. "Be sure to wear your hero costumes tomorrow!" I bellowed out after them.

After all my students cleared out of the room, I let out a sigh. I walked to my desk and sat down. My desk was pristine, mostly because I don't have any paperwork. After about five or so minutes, I hear the principals voice come over the loud speaker.

"Attention faculty of UA high, please report to the main office as soon as possible for room assignments. Thank you."

"Room assignments?" I repeated in a questioning tone. I swiveled over to my computer and pulled up my email inbox. And, to my discovery, there sat an unopened email with the title, 'New dorms'. I opened the email and skimmed it over.

"The students are now living in dorms, blah blah blah... UA teachers are required to live on campus?!" I exclaimed, standing from my chair. I plopped back down and grunted. "It would help if I checked my stupid email every once in a while..." I complained to myself.

I looked up at the clock and sighed. "Well, I'm already ten minutes late. I'll probably get the last room." I grumbled. I stood from my chair, calmly this time, and gathered my few personal things I brought with.

"Phone, wallet, keys... Alright, lets go." I spoke to myself. I begrudgingly began to drag myself to the main office of the school. It took me another couple minutes to reach the office, because I had an entire school wing to myself.

I traipsed into the office and half smiled at Nezu. He gave me his signature smile and gestured for me to sit in front of him.

"I'm simply delighted to have both the students and teachers on campus! It will be an amazing experience and convince for all who are participating!" He said, clasping his hands (paws?) together.

"So you're saying I have a choice?" I asked, a gentle excitement in my voice.

"No." He replied, simply.

I sighed and slouched into the chair. "Fine. Let's get this over with, then." I said.

After a few moments, he handed me a key and a piece of paper that had the room number on it. "Here you are. As you were the last to recieve your room assignment, I couldn't offer you a choice. All the other rooms are taken." He said, putting the key in my hand.

I groaned. "Of course. Are you staying on campus, Nezu?" I asked, sitting up straight and taking the items from him.

"No. I am far to busy to be living here." He said, laughing like I had just told him a joke.