Chapter 23

"Today marks day two of the attacks on U.A. high school, being led by mafia leader Koki Suzuki. The barrage of attacks has not been let up at all. We have eyes in the sky to survey the school." The news anchor said as the scene cut to a sky shot of people fighting on the U.A. campus.

I sat up straight and leaned forward in my seat. There wasn't much carnage, and I could make out most of the people who were fighting. I saw All Might, Midnight, Present Mic, and Eraserhead. I stood and covered my mouth as I saw how everything was unfolding.

'This is all my fault... And I'm not even there to help...' I thought. The T.V. then changed to the next story. I knew if I showed up I would just be kicked out or taken, so I couldn't even go and help. All I could do was hope that they would pull through and everything would be okay in the end. I paced back and forth for a while, thoughts of rushing in to help began to flood my mind. I almost did, but the repercussions of my actions halted me. 

Finally, after many agonizing hours, it was time for Shouta to come home. I waited and waited and waited, but he didn't turn up. So I decided to text him.

'Hey, are you okay? Where are you?' The text read. 

I waited a few moments, then my phone started ringing. It was Shouta. I answered and held the phone up to my ear. 

"Hello?" I said, relieved he called me.

"Ah, so you did decide to answer." I heard Kokis chilling voice hiss through the phone. My eyes widened in horror. "Good thing, too. Otherwise your little lover here was going to be on the sharp end of my knife. Say hello!" He said, then I heard a bunch of muffled yelling. It was shouta, and it sounded like he was bound and gagged. 

My breathing became ragged and fear instantly washed over me. "Oh my god, Shouta... What have you done to him?!" I yelled into my phone. 

"Oh, nothing serious yet. So far we've just been tenderizing him." He said, then I heard Shoutas voice clear as day.

"Don't listen to him! Don't do anything he tells you!" He yelled. 

"Shut up!" Then I heard a hard slap. 

I gasped at what I had just heard. "What do you want?" I asked, my voice suddenly calm, yet rage shook my entire being. 

"I want you to come to the warehouse you killed my daughter in eight years ago. I want your head on a silver platter." He said. I could hear the malice in his voice. 

"When?" I asked, my voice just as calm as before. 

"Five. Alone." He said. 

"Fine." I said. 

"Good girl. If you try anything, I will kill your lover boy in the most agonizing way any person could think." He said. 

I opened my mouth to say something, but the line went dead. I growled under my breath and immediately dialed the U.A. phone number. I had it memorized. 

"Thank you for call-" The secretary started. 

"Put me through to Nezu, it's (Y/n)." I cut her off.

The line went silent, then I heard Nezus voice. "Thank you for calling U-"

"It's me. Aizawas been taken. I can't say much more, but I'm coming to the school to explain everything." I said, cutting him off as well. There was a moment of silence.

"Meet me in my office." He said. Again, the line went dead.

I ran out the front door and raced to the school on foot, because I didn't have a vehicle. I pushed past the front gate of the school and into the building. The fighting was over, because they got what they wanted. I ran into Nezus office and closed the door after myself, my heart racing and I was panting like a dog. Midnight, Mic, and All Might were all in his office. Midnight held out a bottle of water and I took it from her, giving a nod of thanks. I slammed the bottle as fast as I could. 

I plopped into one of the chairs and started on my spiel. "Koki called me off Aizawas phone because I texted him, asking where he was. They have him bound and gagged in a warehouse in Hosu. So far they haven't done any major damage to him, but if I didn't answer that call, he'd be dead. He said that if I tried anything, they would kill him. He told me to be there at five and alone. I'm stupid, but not that stupid. Put somebody, I don't care who, on patrol in Hosu, and I'll show up alone. I just need someone for backup. I'll talk to support and get some wire taps and ear pieces. I also need to get my hero costume back so I can have some sort of protection." I said, letting everything spill out onto the table. While I was speaking, all of their faces fell. 

After a moment, Nezu nodded. "Midnight, Mic, you two are patrolling Hosu tonight. All Might, you'll stay here and help protect the students in case things go awry. Your hero costume has been finished and is waiting in the support lab for you." He told me. I nodded and stood. 

"If I need backup, my codeword is Alpha. Keep close tabs on what I'm saying, because it'll be very subtle." I said, starting for the door. 

Midnight and Mic followed me out, walking with me to the support lab. They were mostly silent as we walked. My fists were clenched and I looked pissed. I was white knuckling so hard that my nails started to draw blood from the palm of my hands. Mic grabbed my hand. 

"I know your pissed to high hell, but don't injure yourself first." He said, making me uncurl my fist. 

"Right, sorry." I said, blood dripping from my fingers. 

We arrived at the support lab and I pounded on the door. Power Loader opened the door as soon as I hit it. 

"Hey, man. Take it easy on the door." He said, looking between us.

"I need my costume and taps ASAP." I said, stepping into the room.

"Yes ma'am." He said, fake saluting me. "Your costume is on the counter. We made a few adjustments." He said, looking for some taps for us. 

I unlatched the case and opened it. My signature red and black body suit was there, along with my boots. My half gloves were now full gloves and they had some sort of attachment to the wrist strap. My helmet was red and had a black line that ran down the middle. It had the same face plate technology as my old one. My chain was there, along with some sort of pen thing. My body suit now had a turtle neck that would tuck under my helmet. 

"The attachments on the gloves are small daggers that are activated by squeezing your palm. Your suit itself has been upgraded by using a Kevlar like material, so it's fire resistant, knife resistant, and bullet resistant. Note the word resistant, not proof. Your helmet has been reinforced, so it won't break off your head like the last one. We polished up your chain and gave it a black pain job, so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb. And that pen looking thing is actually a retractable shield. There's also a unit in your right arm of the suit that brings the shield back to you when activated, much like Captain Americas. To use that, just turn your arm toward the shield and brace for impact." Power Loader said. I gawked at my suit for a moment before closing up the case and having the taps handed to me. 

"Thanks so much, Power Loader. I owe you one." I said, passing the taps out to Midnight and Mic. "Bring an earpiece to Nezu as well. I've gotta go." I said, nodding to the two. 

I took off down the hallway and outside, to the dorms. I ran up and into my room, quickly changing into my newly improved hero costume and wired my taps, giving them a test. I tested my new gadgets, gawking at them and thinking of all their different uses. The shield was by far the hardest to control, but with practice it should come easy. I checked them time and ran down stairs. I made a b-line for the door, out to the parking lot. 

I hopped on my bike and started it up, the familiar purr of the engine slowly stimulating me to be battle ready. I let out a shaky breath as I tore out of the parking lot. I screamed through different towns, making my way into Hosu city on record timing. I pulled up to the old warehouse as old memories flooded back too quickly.

"You can do this. You can save him." I told myself as I slowly headed for the door.