Chapter 17

"H-... He did?" I squeaked, tears threatening to push over the edge of my eyes again. 

She nodded at me. "He was there with you through every moment. I have never seen Aizawa cry until that day. Not even when he almost lost his own life did he cry. You've sparked something in him, (Y/n)." She said, speaking slowly. Then she stood. "I just came to check on you, is all. I need to get back to the school. I hope you feel better soon." She said, walking to the door and waving over her shoulder. 

I waved to her as she walked away, letting the things she told me swirl around my mind. I felt even worse than before now. I felt conflicted between going to apologize to him and just sitting on my bed and letting him cool off. I eventually sighed and stood, going to go and apologize to him. I opened my door and was about to step out, but I was greeted by his face. He was about to knock on the door, but I interrupted that. We looked at each other and shared a mutual guilty look. I ushered him in and shut the door after him. 

There was an awkward silence between us for a moment before I spoke. "I'm really sorry for freaking out on you. It wasn't right of m-" I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. My eyes widened in surprise before they slowly fluttered shut. I let myself melt into him as my bandaged hand went up and around his neck. 

He pulled away from me as fast as he came close to me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to..." He said, his face bright red and he was scratching the back of his neck. 

My face flushed to the same color as his as I retracted my hand. "I did." I blurted. I slapped my hand over my mouth and cringed at my own comment. I heard a deep chuckle escape him as he lightly set his hands on my waist, moving my hand from my mouth. 

I looked up and caught his gorgeous dark eyes. A smile crept across his usually stoic face and my blush deepened. I didn't think it was possible for me to fall in love with him any more than I already had, but it happened. I smiled back at him and my eyes flicked between his. 

"I guess now is as good a time as any..." I mumbled. This caused him to raise an eyebrow at me. "Here goes..." I mumbled, looking down a moment before looking back up at him. "Shouta, over the course of time that I've met you, I've found myself having taken a particular liking to you. You've been blunt and straight to the point since day one, and that's something I like about you. You seem so reserved, yet you still helped me pick up the broken pieces of my life. All of the things that you have done for me have slowly accumulated into this heap of emotions that I had no idea how to express. Until now." I said, glancing about as I spoke. Not once did his hands leave my waist. 

"It has very abruptly come to my attention that I have feelings for you. The best kind of feelings I could ask for." I said, catching his eyes once again. I could hear his breath hitch in his throat after I had finished speaking, and my heart began to race again. 'I fucked up. I fucked up. I fucked up.' Was all I could think as I awaited his inevitable disinterested response. 

"(Y/n), I..." He started, then stopped. He took a deep breath and it sounded shaky. I took a step back from him, causing his hands to fall of my waist.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything." I said, walking toward the door. 

"No, wait!" He said as I opened the door. 

"No, it's fine. I understand." I said as I felt tears pricking my eyes. I shut the door behind me and turned, going up to the roof. I heard my door open as I rushed up the stairwell and out the roof door. 

Tears began streaming down my face as I leaned over the rail, staring out into the afternoon sky. I could hear kids in ground beta, using their quirks. I could hear birds chirping in the trees, making it sound like every thing was fine. I rested my head in my hand and sighed while the tears still flowed, dropping onto the concrete rooftop.

"I wish I could use my quirk on myself sometimes..." I murmured. 

"Why? So you can't hear the things I need to tell you?" I heard a familiar deep voice say behind me. I stood up straight and wiped my face before turning around to face him. 

'Let's just get this over with.' I thought, catching his gaze again. 

"Rather, so I couldn't hear the inevitable." I squeaked, my gaze falling to the floor. He walked over to me, taking my chin between his thumb and forefinger, making me look at him.

"(Y/n), you didn't even give me a chance to finish. How would you know if what I have to say isn't what you want to hear?" He asked, his stone like gaze falling on my (E/c) eyes. 

I looked at him, guilt overflowing my system as he gently wiped away the tears on my face. I didn't respond to him.

He let out a small sigh. "What I was going to say was, the feeling is mutual. I feel the same way about you as you do me. I'm sorry if I made you think I was going to say anything other than that. I just haven't been in this kind of a situation in a long time." He said, a tinge of pink shading his face as he spoke. 

My guilt swelled and I felt like a dick for running off. "I'm sorry. I just always assume the worst. I haven't been in a situation like this for a long time as well." I said, a guilty laugh escaping my throat. 

A smile spread across his face and he slowly closed the distance between us, our lips meeting again. This one was gentle, his lips just gently brushing mine. My hand worked it's way up and gently caressed his cheek. He pulled back for just a moment, then met my lips again, this time just a bit more forceful. This caused me to smirk against the kiss. My hand snaked down and grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling him closer to me. 

Things had gotten a little heated, so we hadn't heard the door open. "Yes! You guys can't deny that you're a thing now, because I've seen it!" Midnights familiar voice screeched from behind us. 

We both jumped and separated. His face fell back to his usual stoic expression as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and faced her. I just stood awkwardly and scratched the nape of my neck. I heard him give a grunt of annoyance.

"It's your word against ours. Besides, who said we were going to deny it?" He said, pushing past her and going back through the door. 

I was left with my mouth hanging open, very unattractively. His comment caused Midnight to screech in happiness as she rushed over to my side. She was practically vibrating with excitement. 

"I've been waiting for this! You have no idea how long I've been rooting for you guys!" She said, gently grabbing my shoulders. 

I shook my head with a laugh. "I've been rooting for us, too." I said, looking at where he had just been. 

Midnight began to babble on about something and I slowly stopped listening, letting my thoughts consume me. A smile crept onto my face as I recalled what he had told me and the events that ensued there after. 

"Well, I've gotta jet again. I don't honestly remember what I had come up here for. Well, see you later, (Y/n)!" I heard her say as she left the roof top. I waved her goodbye as I turned and faced the rail again. 

I sighed a happy sigh before speaking. "I should go see Recovery Girl. She probably can't do much, but she would probably be able to help." I said, turning and going to the door after a moment. I went down to the main floor and hobbled to the door, waving at All Might who was on one of the couches. I reached for the handle, but was caught before I could open the door.

"I thought we just had this conversation." I heard Shouta scold from beside All Might. 

"Cool your jets. I'm just going to see Recovery Girl." I said turning the handle. 

"Fine. But don't make me regret my decision of letting you go out!" He said. 

"Yeah, yeah." I joked. 

"Jeez, you two argue like your a couple." I heard All Might say. Both of us looked at him but didn't say anything. "Wait, are-"

"Gotta go, bye!" I said, quickly leaving Shouta to explain the situation. As soon as I got outside, I sighed. I started on my way to go see Recovery Girl, pleasant thoughts filling my mind.