Chapter 26

"Let's go, pretty boy." I said, skipping over to the door. 

"Yeah, yeah." He said, following me out the door. 

I smiled over my shoulder and raced down the stairs and to my bike. I hopped onto it and started the engine. I revved it up a bit as Aizawa was walking over to me. I smirked at him over my shoulder and he shook his head. I couldn't see his face, but I assumed he was smiling. He climbed onto the back of my bike and I looked at him. 

"Jaded Owl?" I asked. He nodded at me and slipped his hands around my waist. "Okay. You might have to hold my dress down because of the wind." I sheepishly told him as I put up the kick stand. He just nodded as I slowly got us going.

I got us onto the road and I could feel my dress threatening to fly up. He gently placed his hand on my dress and held it down, and a wave of both relief and embarrassment washed over me. We rounded corners and got to the Jaded Owl faster than we normally would. I parked my bike and chained it up, bringing my helmet in with us. Instead of being seated, we just went up to the bar. 

"That was fun." I said with a laugh. 

He nodded, fixing his hair a bit. "It was. I haven't ever ridden on a motorcycle before today." He told me. 

I looked at him a bit shocked. "No way, really?" I asked. He nodded.

"Nope. Never once before today." He said, sitting next to me. 

"Huh. I haven't been riding very often because of the whole, 'going into hiding' thing." I said, putting air quotes around 'going into hiding'. He just nodded as the bartender came up to us. 

"I'll take a whiskey, neat please." He said. 

"Make that two." I responded. The bartend nodded and walked away. 

"Really? I didn't take you for a whiskey drinker." He said, looking over at me.

I shrugged. "I'll drink anything." I said with a laugh. 

"Huh. I've only ever seen you drink beer." He chuckled. 

I nodded. "Yeah, because everyone is usually too cheap to buy anything good, so I drink the beer that they supply." I said with a laugh.

After a moment, the bartend came back with our drinks. We both took a sip out of them as soon as they arrived, reveling in its taste. We both set our glasses down and chuckled at our synchronization. We chatted for a little bit before I had finally had enough alcohol and was the right amount of tipsy to ask the question that was weighing on my mind.

"Shouta?" I asked, feeling my heart rate speed up a bit. 

He smiled at me. "Yeah?" 

'God, his smile is beautiful.' I thought, a blush dusting my cheeks. "So, what are we, exactly?" I asked, my face flushing further. 

I noticed a pink blush spread across his face as he reached up and rubbed the nape of his neck. "Uh. I don't know. What would you like to be?" He asked, looking away from my eyes.

"Well, a couple I guess." I sheepishly replied, slamming down the rest of my drink. 

"I guess were a couple, then." He said, repeating my action and slamming his drink. 

My eyes widened with happiness and I laughed. "God, why was that so hard?" I asked aloud. He chuckled and shook his head. "So, were a couple now. I guess this is technically our first date." I said and smiled, as did he.

At the same time, we held up one finger to the bartender, who came and got us another drink. We both laughed. 

"We've gotta stop doing that." I said, looking over at him.