five

leo (2:23am): can someone please come get percy he is playing beyoncé at full volume

jason (2:23am): what do you have against beyoncé you ungrateful bitch

percy (2:24am): THANK u, jason

nico (2:25am): i can't believe it but i am with percy and jason on this one

leo (2:26am): he's playing partition

hazel (2:27am): Somehow that makes it even less of a problem. Partition is an AMAZING song.

leo (2:28am): HE IS DANCING ON THE TABLE

leo (2:29am): HE IS NOT WEARING pANTS

jason (2:30am): he's naked dancing on a table? omw

nico (2:31am): GAY

leo (2:32am): gods you guys suck. someone come get him

jason (2:33am): leo you were literally doing this exact thing when we were studying together

leo (2:34am): false, i was wearing pants

nico (2:35am): what the fuck

leo (2:36am): never mind frank got him to stop

jason (2:37am): HOW

leo (2:38am): he.....asked him nicely

nico (2:39am): frank is braver than the us marines. he's the only one of you i like

will (2:40am): excuse me

hazel (2:41am): Excuse me

nico (2:42am): i said what i said

percy (2:43am): somehow i remember you liking me, nico

nico (2:44am): fuck OFF

percy (2:45am): :)

percy (2:46am): wait jason are you seriously coming over

jason (2:47am): no

percy (2:48am): please

jason (2:49am): no

percy (2:50am): jason grace, if you come over right now i will personally drive you to starry night donuts and buy you whatever donuts you want

jason (2:51am): see u in 5

nico (2:52am): seriously how does everyone else not see how gay this is

- - -

True to his word, five-ish minutes later Jason is knocking at the apartment door. "Donuts?" he says by way of greeting rather than saying hello.

Percy pulls on a hoodie and grabs his car keys. "Let's do this."

They make their way to the parking lot behind Percy's apartment, and Jason asks, "Why are you still awake anyway?"

Percy shakes his head. "You know me and my ADHD brain, Jay. I just can't turn it off sometimes. Makes me too antsy to sleep sometimes."

"So it made you want donuts?"

Percy's smile turns sheepish. "No, I just knew that would probably get you to come over."

Jason laughs. "You don't have to bribe me to spend time with you, Perce. I'll hang out with you, donuts or not." He nudges Percy's shoulder affectionately. 

"Well, donuts never hurt," Percy adds. "Don't judge me for whatever happens when I play music in my car."

"This immediately makes me concerned."

Percy winces as he pushes play, and his face lights up as an R&B version of Baby Shark starts playing. Jason stares at him, mouth falling open.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

"Are you kidding me? This is a bop!" Percy says back, bobbing his head to the song.

"I can't believe you went from Beyoncé to this."

"Me neither," Percy laughs, and Jason's heart clenches at how fucking adorable Percy is. He loves his best friend so much he barely has words for it, and he just has to shake his head at himself. The drive to the donut shop doesn't take long, and Jason spends all of it falling in love with Percy. With the way he drums his hands against the steering wheel, the way he yells along to the lyrics, the way he grins over at Jason in between songs...it's almost too much.

Somehow he gets brave when they're waiting in line. Percy is a little jittery, a bit hyperactive, and somehow, despite feeling absolutely terrified, Jason takes his hand.

Percy looks up and over at him, surprised by pleased. His cheeks flush, but he interlaces his fingers with Jason's, and gods, isn't that nice. Nothing could be nicer than this, being with Percy at three in the morning, holding his hand. Jason would forego days worth of sleep to feel like this all the time.

"What are you gonna get?" Jason asks him.

"I want a milkshake and one of those blue ones," Percy answers, and when Jason leans closer, squinting, he clarifies, "I think they're cookie monster ones."

"What else do they have? Any I would like?"

"They have boring glazed ones," Percy answers, and he laughs when Jason nudges him again. "They have ones with cereal on 'em, too. Cap'n Crunch, I think. And chocolate eclairs, you like those."

"How do you know I like those?" Jason asks, surprised.

Percy just shrugs, blushing. He doesn't answer despite Jason's pressuring, and when they order, they fight about who will pay until Jason just tosses his card over the counter, making Percy glare at him.

They get back into the car to eat their donuts, Percy drinking his blue moon milkshake so quickly it gives him brain freeze.

"Is the milkshake good?" Jason asks.

Percy nods. "Do you wanna try it?"

"Yeah, I think I do," Jason says, and he sounds a little breathless. Percy goes to hand him the cup, but Jason surprises him by leaning over the middle armrest and leaning in close. Percy swallows hard, and he's nodding before Jason even asks, and then they're kissing, and oh my gods. Percy forgets how to breathe. "You're right," Jason grins when the kiss is broken. "That is one good ass milkshake."

"I hate you," Percy says, blushing deeper red than he has been all night. Jason just kisses his temple, and that makes it worse.