Friday Night Frights

You walk beside Rory as he argues with Ethan and Benny. "He's a huge, awesome robot. All he'd have to do is yank on the warp engine nacelles." Benny rolls his eyes, "Okay, that's like saying a dude could fight a boat!" Rory lets out an exasperated sigh. "Guys, just...," Ethan starts, "Can't we do this in a girl-free zone?"

You scoff as you turn around and smack his noodle-like arm.
———

Rory is still arguing with Benny when you're walking by the trophy case. Seeing coach taking out the only trophy you have, you ask, "Why are you taking the 'only trophy this school's ever won'?"
"It, uh, well, it send the wrong message, you know?" Coach replies. "That is one sad trophy case," Rory comments.

Coach hands you the trophy to hold for a second and Ethan touches it. When he does it starts turning blue and something flies out of it. A man in a coach uniform appears, "Oh! Nerd alert!" He reaches over and ruffles Benny's hair. "Get a haircut, Bevo."

Your mouth and eyes go wide. You had immediately recognized him as Coach Ed. 30 years ago he coached the team that won that same trophy, but then went missing. You stood and stared in awe. He walks up to you and Ethan.

"Wait, you can see me, mop top?" He questions, surprised. "Yeah. I... I guess. Who are you?" Ethan asks. "Who is he?! WHO IS HE?!?! That's freaking Coach Ed! He coached the team that won that trophy!" You yell, flabbergasted. Ed looks surprised, "Well at least someone does their research."

Ed then proceeds to call Ethan and the guys nerds. Ethan tries to defend himself, but Benny and Rory prove his point. Ethan then asks what Coach Ed wants. Ed snaps his fingers and down goes Ethan's pants showing his space themed underwear. You, Benny, and Rory laugh at this.
———

You, Benny, Ethan, Rory, and Coach are sitting at a table in the lunchroom. The guys are looking Ed up in the old yearbook. All the while you are just staring at Ed with a look like 'my crush just asked me out'. "Can I have your autograph?" You ask out of nowhere.

The guys share a look like 'what, why?'. They soon get there answer as a pen magically gets picked up and signs Coach Ed's name. Coach then proceeds to hit Benny's sandwich out of his hands. You and Rory slowly grab your sandwiches and hold them tight.
———

You and Rory are currently trying to pull Ethan out of HIS locker. "I may have to dislocate one of your shoulders to get you out. Is that okay?" Rory asks nonchalantly. Ethan replies with a 'No!'. You finally pull Ethan out as Benny walks over.

Ed shows up again and you hold up your hand for a high-five, which he returns. The guys look at you like you're crazy, but you really don't care. Ethan gets annoyed and calls the trophy dumb. "That trophy is not dumb!" Coach yells.

You start to run to your next class. Benny turns around a yells, "Where are you going?" You turn back around and yell back, "Frick this shite I'm out! I don't do angry spirits!"
———

Benny takes the microphone from coach to introduce Ethan but you know he's going to say something stupid so you plug your ears. Although you can't hear it, you see all of the kids on the bleachers are boo-ing. You shake your head slowly as you sit down next to Rory. You hiss as his sparkler get to close and sparks hit your forearm. Benny looks over really concerned.

Benny grabs some bandages out of his bag and wraps up your arm. When you look back Kurt is on Ethan making him Choke lock himself. When the round is over Kurt carries Ethan and throws him on the ground. (I don't want to write the part about the little heart-to-heart thing, so imagine it)

Benny gives Ethan an idea by reminding him about the fight they had in second grade. You remembered it like it was yesterday, Benny was on the verge of tears.

In round two Ethan runs at Kurt then dives under his legs. He turns around and bear hugs Kurt from behind. "I'm wrestling old school. Oak wood Elementary, to be exact." Ethan throws him down and gets on top this time. He then proceeds to tickle his neck continuously.

The coach taps the ground three times and calls Kurt out. Ethan is claimed our new champion. Ed doesn't accept how Ethan won. "Listen Ed, I REALLY like you, but a deal's a deal. Dead or alive, space or Earth." You add.

Suddenly a really weird locker falls into the gym. Creepy electronic tentacles come out of it and attach onto Ed. They drag him back in to it while he pleas for help. The locker then disappeared.

Kurt turns to Ethan, "You know what? I will NOT be beaten by a geek!" Kurt rips his shirt open and charges towards Ethan. You turn around and punch him square in the jaw so hard he falls back down. You look at him, "Update: you got beaten by a geek AND a girl. Go get yourself a new shirt."

Sarah– technically– asks Ethan out to the movies.
———

That night everyone is at Ethan's house watching Skull Stealers 3. Ethan sat on the edge with Sarah next to him and you sat between her and Benny. You had your head on Benny's shoulder while Jane was laying across Rory and Benny's laps.

You slowly start to close your eyes. Just as they flutter shut you mutter four inaudible words. "I love you, Benny."