Blood Drive

You're with Benny and Ethan in line for the blood drive and you're shaking a little.

"My mom thinks I should donate. She thinks my blood is special. I think it's exactly why I should keep it where it belongs: in my veins."

"Guys."

"Dude, she has to say your blood is special. She's your mom! Anyway, the reason you don't give blood is because you're too scared of needles, you big chicken!"

"Guys"

"I'm not afraid! I just don't like them."

"Guys!"

The bickering high schoolers look at you surprised.

"I don't feel so good."

"Why? You don't like needles either?" Ethan asks.

"No...I have a blood phobia...and I have Aplastic Anemia." You say while awkwardly scratching your neck.

"What's that?" Benny asks.

"It's when your body can't produce enough blood. So if (Y/N) gets blood drawn she/he/they could die." Ethan explains.

"Well, then just don't get your blood drawn—Oh wow! Maybe I could afford to lose a pint or two."

You turn to see what Benny's looking at and see one of the nurses. You scoff and turn to leave. "Where are you going?" Ethan questions.

"To get something from the vending machine."

~~~

You were supposed to hang out with Rory after school, but he never showed. You walk out and turn to his house. After ringing the doorbell his mom comes to the door.

"Hello (Y/N), dear. Do you need something?"

"Uh, Rory was supposed to come over to my house to hang out. Is he here?"

"Oh, no, honey. He said he had some stuff to do at the school with a girl named, Erica."

"Ok, thank you Mrs. Keaner!"

"No problem."

~~~

When you get to the school you see Benny, Ethan, and Sarah.

"What are you guys doing here?"

Sarah speaks up, "The nurses are vampires! Also what are you doing here?"

"Rory's mom said he was here with Erica."

"Oh yeah... it's the anniversary of the crash, you were supposed to hang out." Ethan gives you a hug and you receive a sad puppy look from Benny.

"It's ok! Let's just follow the blood truck!"

"We gotta grab our gear and go after them fast!"

~~~(Time Skip to Ethan's house)

"Look what I found. These blood-sucking nurses have over 30 towns on their route. They've been running this scam for years. But they wouldn't run much longer if everyone knew they weren't real nurses. We can use that info against them." Ethan says while pointing to the computer.

"You mean, like, to bore them to death? Could work. Anyway, we gotta go– now. Rory and Erica are in trouble, and I think Sarah's downstairs eating all of your frozen meat." Benny says while he starts fast-walking out of the room.

~~~

All four of you walk in while Ethan has a water gun, wooden stakes, and garlic. You and Benny run off to look for a way to get Rory and Erica out of the truck while Sarah holds off the vampires. You go to the front seats and try to rewire it.

Benny smirks, "Good thing one of us is an expert with a vast electronic–" then he shocks himself and you laugh a little. After a while you both run back to the 'gang'.

"Behold... the power... of technology!" Benny pushes the button, but nothing happens.

"Doorus openus!"

The nurses go and open up the back doors and to everyone's horror, Rory and Erica were kissing! Your eyes fill up with tears.

"So instead of being with me the night I needed you most, you're making out with some girl who hates both you and me!? If you didn't want to hang out you could've just told me. You know how hard today is for me." You run back home crying.

Even when Rory knocks on the door you ignore him and go to sleep.

~~~

The next day you ignored Rory– even when you had a project with him, you skipped class. You even let Benny hug you! He was surprised but then masked it by teasing and making you feel better.