9 // over.

the loud boom echoed throughout the windows. michael took a deep breath as the door opened, just a crack.

farrah stayed in the car. she was on call, ready to phone the police whenever necessary.

"what do you want?" a deep voice said. it was too dark to see who it was coming from, but michael knew it was the 'convict'.

"i want to see nico," michael said, without missing a beat. his voice didn't waver.

"don't we all," the man said. "i haven't seen my girlfriend in some time."

"i know she's there. she couldn't have disappeared just like that." michael argued.

"well, she did." the man snapped, starting to close the door. suddenly, a voice called out. "paul? who's at the door?"

'paul' grimaced and opened the door once more as nico walked to his side. noticing michael, her eyes widened."m...michael...?" her hand drifted to her shoulder, where michael could see another bruise, worse.

paul's eyes narrowed, turning to nico. "do you want to talk about this?"

"what do you mean by talk?" michael butted in again. "don't try to convince me shit, okay? i've seen the bruises."

paul leaned closer to michael. "have you, now?" he sneered.

ashton held an arm in front of michael protectively.

"listen, mate," ashton began firmly. "the police are on their way. so why don't you let nico come with us?"

"nico likes to make things look different to what they seem," paul smirked at them. "it's nothing. sorry for causing you trouble."

he began to close the door again, when nico spoke up. "wait!"

michael pushed the door open, surprised.

"i'll...i'll go with them," nico told paul. paul's eyes narrowed as he leaned closer to nico's ear, whispering something into her ear.

her eyes widened in terror. "stop it!"

shoving him away, she darted to michael, straight into his arms. michael wrapped his arms around her, rubbing her back as she buried her head into his shoulder.

farrah tapped ashton on the shoulder. "the police are on their way," she told him. "to arrest this scumbag."

"now listen here, bitch," paul started, and ashton turned around, swinging his fist at his face. the impact made a sick cracking sound as paul stumbled back. he almost retaliated until he saw ashton glaring at him menacingly.

"it's over," michael mumbled into nico's red hair. "he's not going to hurt you."

~

so this may or may not be the very last chapter of mascara. who knows. whether it is or isn't, i'll be uploading an epilogue when this book is finished.

if it is, I want to say tHANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE VOTES AND LOVELY COMMENTS AND SUPPORT BC TO BE HONEST I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE CONTINUED WITH THIS IF IT WASNT FOR THE MOTIVATION I WAS RECEIVING

THANK YOU

{{also, on a side note, the events of mascara take place after concealer, so michael will not be making an appearance there.}}

I LOVE U ALL AND IF U HAVENT READ THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES, GO AND CHECK THEM OUT

{{shameless self-promo}}

BYE

-susan