Chapter 6

Flying with Jack was different than flying with Astrid. Sure they both clenched to Hiccup's back, but you know. At least only some...of her body was on him. But with Jack, his whole body was leaned into him. From the nape of his neck, where jack placed his forehead, all the way down to his bottom. Heat flew in Hiccup's cheek along with the rapid wind. Toothless was doing his usually show off moves but Jack wasnt enjoying them every much. After a few move spins,the teen leveled him out. "Retract the claws please," Hiccup commanded since Jack still didn't let go. He did after a few seconds, but his arms still wrapped around his waist.

"Seriously, how can you do this?" Jack said a little to loudly against his ear. He shrugged,

"i don't know," he paused, " i trust him. He's my best friend and he would never let anything bad happen to me, like i would never let anything hurt him." Jack stared at him like he was crazy. Trust a dragon? Something so unpredictable? He would never understand.

"Where are we going?" The white haired teen asked. Hiccup thought. Where are they going? He was not going back to the village and have everyone think he was crazy. Yea that can wait a while. So Hiccup shrugged his shoulders again, smiled, and said "away,"

"Sounds good to me, as long as we land soon." Hiccup laughed before dive bombing back towards the ground.

Hiccup, Toothless, and Jack spend the rest of the day fishing and hiking. When the moon began to peck around the mountains, they headed back. Jack was reluctant as ever to get on Toothless. Finally Hiccup asked, "Why dont you like flying?" Jack stared at him and said,

"A few years ago, my father die at the flames of a dragon. During the attacks, my dad was in battle with a Monstrous Nightmare. He was distracted for a second and the dragon burned him to a crisp. Now his death was for nothing because we ride with them, let them into our home. Even after what they did." Hiccup opened his month to reply but Jack lifted his hand and stopped him. "I know what you're going to say. 'They were just trying to stay alive and we killed them also' but those words aren't going to bring my dad back or change my mind. Okay?" Hiccup nodded and Jack sighed. "Im going to try this wind flying thing. Ok, here we go." He lifted his staff and was shoot straight up into the air by a gust of icy wind. Hiccup smirked and followed him.

A letter was sitting on the wooden table when the boys entered the home. Hiccup picked it up. It was a message from his dad and it was short.

"Fishing. Be back in a few days."

Hiccup sighed but was actually relieved. Now he didn't have to talk to his dad about what happen at the funeral. The fire place was almost out and a cold breeze shifted through the room. "Hey bud." Hiccup pointed to the fire pit. Toothless nodded and a purplish-blue flame lit the room, the fire in full blast. "Well. My dad isn't going to be back for a while. You can stay here." Jack looked at him.

"Then what? Where do i go? What do i do?" Hiccup sighed, shaking his head. "I dont know." Jack sat on the oak bench and placed his head in his hands. Hiccup came over and sat beside him. They both thought. After a few minutes, Hiccup stood and paced the room. "We could... We can ask the elder." his voice raising slightly. "Shes been around for a looong time. She has to know something." Jack sighed, ran his hand through his white hair, and nodded. "Lets get some rest." Hiccup motioned up to his room. They climbed the stairs and entered a small room. Inside was a twin size bed-shaped bed with a small piece of fabric on it as a blanket. Across the bed, under a huge window was a rock slab with burn marks forming a circle on it, this was Toothless' bed. Jack approached the bed and saw a small stuffed dragon. He placed his staff aside, picked it up and looked at Hiccup. He blushed and said "it was my mom's." Jack smiled and set it back. "Here" Jack turned back around and took a brown fur blanket from Hiccup. They lied down and closed their eyes. Jack heard Hiccup softly say "Good Night, Jackson."

(So many updates!!! Leave a star and A comment please! Ill update next week!

-Amaranth-)