Chapter 11

Finally a new Chapter! Sorry everyone! School is killer and i got a new job so whoop cash money flow. Please star this and leave comments. Seriouly just type in random letters, IDC!!!! Ok this is long over due.

Lets see what Hiccup and Jack are up to tonight. Enjoy!

"How long did it take you to finally ride a dragon?" Jack asked as he laid on Hiccup's wooden floor, a fluffy pillow under his head, a yak blanket mostly just tucked against his side, as he was already warm, and his mind thinking of questions to ask Hiccup. The day went by pretty quick.

After they returned, Hiccup and Jack spent the rest of the day planning and routing their trip. They decided upon flying for several hours and resting for 30 minutes, taking the restroom and eating time during their breaks. When the planning and packing was complete the boys feasted on large fish, which roasted over the bright fire. Hiccup ate all his as Jack picked at the brunt aquatic animal, seeing as he wasnt really hungry. Hiccup and Toothless took a ride after that, leaving Jack behind. "I think I'll just wait here." The elder said, Hiccup returning a slight nod, reassuring him that they would be back soon. The giant wooden door slammed shut after the viking and his dragon. Jack sighed, leaning his untouched fish against the oak bench he sat on. He stood, grabbing his staff, which he has grown accustomed to carring around. It made a "clunk" against the floorboard everytime Jack took a step forward. He moved towards the stairs, admiring the shields that were nailed to the wall. There were serveal lined up, but one grabbed his attention. The first one displayed was charred, most likely it has seen many battles, with a painted on dragon displayed in the center. It's body wrapped around a viking and gripped the man, his eyes seemed to bulged.

Jack stared, the metal reflecting the fire in the background, and a smug look formed on his face. He will never understand how they can trust them so easily. True, after spending time with Toothless, he admits they are different. But to a viking, different is bad. They are still wild beast with a muderous mind of their own. They've killed hundreds of us! One of them, his own father. Now, his sacrifice was completely useless. There was no way he can truly trust one of them. No matter how much Hiccup pleaded with him. As Jack examined the other less violent sheilds, he say a cloud of black shift to his right. He snapped his head towards the mysterious shadow but came up empty. But still, a lingering feeling remained, like he was being watched. Maybe Hiccup had came back but was messing around and hiding. Jack looked up to see if Toothless was hanging on one of the wooden beams but nothing. "Hello?" Jack called out, gripping his staff. A void of silent fell, not even the sound of dragons outside could be heard. He moved towards the window, looking outside. The sun was starting to fall into the horizon, orange splashed across the sky.

Suddenly a chuckle vibrated into Jack's ears, causing him to jump and point his staff in any direction because he didn't know where the laugh came from. Seeing as he was still alone, he rubbed it off, returning slowly back to the bench to wait for Hiccup.

Shortly after the sun dipped into the sea, the rider and his dragon returned. Hiccup opened his front door and said, "I think this will be worth it Ja... Umm what are you doing?" Hiccup crossed his arms over his chest as he watched Jack, who was previously bent over, searching through the chest of old, unused weapons. Toothless growled beside him, but made no advances. Jack jumped, literally into the air. He hovered for a second before crashing next to the pile of steel. He glared at Hiccup before standing.

"I...I was looking for something.." Jack said, unsure of himself.

"For example?"

Jack rolled his eyes, "Something keeps making this annoying chuckly sound and it's driving me insane!" He turned and returned to his previous position, his backside towards Hiccup, who quickly looked away quicker than necessary . Jack began to put the weapons back.

"I think you're just tired. Let's head to bed, big day ahead of us!" Hiccup said cheerfully. Jack sighed but nodded in agreement.

Now they are laying in the young viking's room. Jack had tried for hours to sleep, but just as the night before, it ended in negative results. Hiccup noticed and decided to ask him questions about the white haired boy, starting with "Whats your favorite color?" Which Jack chucked and answered, "Blue."

They contined asking, each question becoming more deep and personal.

Hiccup's fingers pulled on the fur that made up the blanket and thought.

"Toothless and I, we just automatically bonded. So it wasn't about trust. It was just his tail, it took me a few weeks of studying him to understand how it worked and how to finally keep us in the air." Jack nodded to Hiccup's response as he waited for the next question. 

"Do you think we can convince the village that you're still here?" Hiccup spoke. Jack ran his fingernail along the wood.

"I really hope so. At least my family,"

"Maybe they were to shocked and filled with grief to really notice before." Hiccup reassured.

"Maybe." Jack paused before asking softly, "Where's your mom?" Hiccup sighed before responding.

"Supposedly dead." He said blatantly.

"Supposedly?" Jack asked, shifting so his head was prompted upon his arm, angled towards Hiccup. The young viking nodded and shrugged his shoulders, staring at the ceiling. "My dad said she died, but he alway dodges the question. I've never heard the story, or really anything about her," he mumbled. The older male looked at the floor instead up at the rider, white hair sliding into his vision. He didn't mean to make it awkward.

His attention was drawn back when Hiccup cleared his throat, turning onto his rightside, so his gaze fell on Jack, who noticed them start to droop. "Do you think..." He stopped, playing with the words in his mind, "Do you think the afterlife exists for  everyone?" He sounded almost hopeful. "Like they're around us but we just cant see them."

"But if you can see me, why can't you see them?" Jack asked softly after a second. Hiccup opened his mouth to reply but quickly shut it when nothing came out. Jack waited for some sort of words but none came. So he continued with his turn.

"So Astrid's cool right?" Jack asked. Hiccup raised an eyebrow. "Um, sure."

"Um, Sure? That's not something usually say about a girlfriend," Jack laughed deeply, looking for a blush in Hiccup's cheeks. The young teen just shrugs.

"I'm mean, yea. She's cool, she's just... rough around the edges. I still like her though, don't get me wrong,"

"Do you love her?" Hiccup flinched alittle, taken aback.

"Ah," he hesitated.

"Hiccup," Jack said slowly. Hiccup glanced away.

"Can't you ask somethin..."

"Just answer!"

"But.."

"Out with it!"

"This conversation is starting to seem very one sided," He said grumply but after a moment, he complied.

"It's complicated. Sometimes I feel like I'm with Astrid because that's what expected of me. As the chief's son, I need to be with the strongest, most fearless woman in the village so I can pass down the family title as Chief." He mumbled.

"Do you think she feels the same way?"

"Maybe, but there are some days I can see something in her eyes. Like shes starting to love me," Hiccup's voice is starting to lower with sleep. Jack noticed, realizing they need to sleep soon. He didnt respond right away. He waited til the room was quiet, only the sounds of breathing coming from the teens and the dragon. Jack looked up to see Hiccup's eyes closed. He smiled and softly said, "Maybe some day, you will feel the same way."