Chapter 1

Talia's POV

Getting the letter that was going to change my life was the most nerve wreaking moment of my life.

Getting accepted into my dream school was the most emotional moment of my life.

3 months later, I'm sitting in my bedroom with an empty suitcase in front of me and clothes thrown all over my room. I can't help but let out a few sad tears.

I'm leaving everything behind. My family, friends, and everything I am so familiar.

But moving out to California is my dream. I'm supposed to be happy, right?

The knock on my bedroom door shook me out of my thoughts and my best friend was standing in front of it.

"What the actual fuck happened in here?" Michael said as he laughed and stared wide eyed at me.

I giggled and had him help me stand up. He pulled me into a quick hug and kissed the top of my forehead, which was his usual greeting for me.

"Well, I'm trying to pack, but I'm having second thoughts" I said as I sighed. I can't help but be nervous in this situation.

I don't know what to expect when I move out there. Yes, I've visited Los Angeles many times, but, I'm going to be on my own. Of course I will be with Michael, but my parents and siblings won't be there. It's going to be a new experience.

"Talia, stop it." He said as he grabbed my shoulders and lightly shook me.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. I turned around and sat on the floor and began to play with the frayed carpet beneath me.

"Michael, I can't help it. I can't help that I second guess myself." I shook my head as I said that to him and looked him dead in the eye.

"That's the only thing I hate about you. Other than the fact that you steal my food and my clothes." He giggled as he tried to lighten the mood.

"Now come on and pack. We leave in 3 days and what have you packed so far? Nothing, that's what I thought." He said as he pretended to reprimand me.

I groaned and laid on my back and put my head in my hands.

I felt Michael take my hands from my face and pull me up so I'm now standing up in front of him.

"Smile." He demanded as he smiled at me.

"No." I said as I shook my head.

"Your smile is beautiful, just like the rest of you. Now smile for me. Please?" He pleaded and frowned.

I smiled at him and rolled my eyes as I turned around and began to throw my clothes into my luggage and finish packing.

•3 days later•

Saying goodbye to my parents and sisters was the hardest thing to do. We had always been close family and they had always been my number one supporters.

I had 2 sisters and they were my best friends, next to Michael of course.

My older sister, Stella, was 6 years older than me and we were extremely close, considering the age gap.

My younger sister, Elizabeth, was a year younger than me and we occasionally fought, due to us being so close in age.

Michael's jeep pulled up into my drive way a few minutes after I said goodbye to my parents.

Michael got out and pulled me into a tight hug and I let a few tears slip out. He noticed and began ran his fingers through my hair and kissed my forehead, knowing that calmed me down.

"Tal, it's not forever. You will come back and visit and your parents will come and visit too. You also have me there, so think of me as your piece of home, okay?" Michael said as he looked me in the eyes.

He kissed my forehead once more and started to walk to my bags. He put them all in the trunk and opened the passenger side door for me.

Once I was in, he closed the door and went to his side and got in.

"What are you going to do about your car?" I asked looking at him as he back out of my driveway and began the ride to the airport.

"My mom is going to come and get it later." He said as he quickly looked at me.

I nodded my head and then leaned against the window.

Michael put his hand on my thigh and his touch soothed me instantly.

"Tal, we are about to go and make our dream come true, please smile and act like you are excited." He said as he laughed at the last part if his sentence.

I pulled the cheesiest smile I could and made him giggle.

"God, you are something else." He laughed. "Only 8 more hours and we will be in what we call our new home."

//

Nervous Tal and excited Mikey.

HEY GUYSSSS!

Wow this looks really short.

So this is the revised version of my old story. It is clearly different but I wasn't feeling the other one. So this is the new one. I hope you guys like it and if you have any questions feel free to leave comments or tweet me and stuff.