|| Chapter 4 ||

Enjoy!
______________________________________

||<Eren's POV>||

After District 10 made they're big entrance, we began training again.  I was focused on one weapon, which was a sword. Annie told me to at least try other weapons so I'll have some experience with each one of them.

I did what she told me to do.  After training, people were being called out one by one.  I remember the lady mentioning that we'll be having interviews individually, but I didn't know it will be during training.  Well, no big deal.

Annie, was next called.  So I was alone in the training area.  As I was alone, I've noticed some teams talking to each other, like actually communicating.  It's rare.

They were chatting, but I think they were more than chatting.  At some point, the short blonde dude was pointing at me when I had my back turned.  They thought I wouldn't notice.

Why though?  I wonder what they're discussing about.  Then I saw Annie returning from the interview.  I walked over to her, “What happened?” I asked, since her face seemed pretty mad.  

“They kept on asking me, ‘Are you excited?’  I was ready to beat the shit out of them” She responded in a angry tone.  I huff over her response.

Soon Annie went over to the weapons table to get back to training.  I was about to follow her until I saw a guy walk over to the girl from District 10.  I think her name is Mikasa. She was alone, sitting there for her partner which I think is Levi.  Seems like her partner was called for his interview, so she waited patiently for him to return.

Until, a guy started talking to her.  I wanted to see if she'll actually talk back.  So I kept watching. But, she stood quiet the whole time, ignoring his presence.  Why is she ignoring him?

The guy started flirting with her, and later touching her hair.  She smacked his hand away. But, he kept on touching her. He was flirty and seemed pretty cocky just because of his looks.

My eyes widen as I saw her partner, Levi, returning from his interview, having anger in his eyes, heading towards the guy who was touching Mikasa.  Levi, violently pulled the guy away from Mikasa, which made the guy fall backwards.

“Don't touch her!” he warned as being held back by Mikasa.  She already knew if she didn’t held him back, the guy would've been dead.  

“Jean!” I hear a female voice call.  It was his partner, Nifa. Ah Jean, you just made the biggest mistake of your life I thought, smirking.

Jean quickly got up and decided to swing at Levi.  Another mistake was made. Levi, quickly pulled Mikasa back with him, so they both don't get hit.  

I decided to step in before someone gets killed.  I came in between them and had my hands stretched out, keeping them apart.  “Calm down! You can kill each other when the time comes. Right now we have to train” I said, sounding very serious.

“Levi, let's go” Mikasa whispered to Levi.  He nodded and walked away with Mikasa, holding hands.  I tilted my head, are they a thing? I then turned to Jean, who gritted his teeth in anger.  

“Walk away” I told him.  He rolled his eyes and walked away, followed by his partner, Nifa.  I sighed and put my hands down.

Damn these people.  But when I looked at Annie, she was smiling at me.  It gave me a good feeling in my chest. I couldn't help but to smile back.  I guess I really needed that smile.

I hope that smile doesn't die in the games that starts in 2 days now.  2 more days until we can finally slaughter each other.

To be honest, I'm afraid.  For me and for Annie. We are going against the most powerful team that has ever stepped foot into the training area and the arena.  

Why did I have to be chosen?  Why did these games have to be invented?  Well, if I die. I had a good life. But at least I die trying.  

But when I glanced at Annie.  All those thoughts went away, and gave me a new goal.  To win.

Half of me was thinking, we would never win.  But the other half had something pushing me to live.  Annie.

I don't want to die, not when I met her already.  I just can't.

So I guess, I'll try winning.  With Annie. We can do this. I believe in us.  

To be continued……..

-----------------------------------------------------------
See you all in the next chapter!

Thanks for reading!

1_HaveHope_1 is out :)