|| Chapter 6 ||

Enjoy!
______________________________________

||<No One's POV>||

When the next morning came.  It went by fast. Most teams didn't waste time on preparing and using their time wisely since the next day is where hell begins and they must be prepared for it.

If not, then they'll be a easy target to most teams.  Progress has been made, but not enough compared to District 10.  

During training, Eren has overheard a guy named Armin who's from District 8 along with his partner Hanji, discussing to the other teams about taking out District 10 first.  Since they are the biggest threat. Many of them agreed.

Eren was about to say something, but he kept on walking, not even wanting to get involved.  He met up with Annie and practiced some moves with her. Some techniques he's been taught and some that she's been taught.  Both techniques will be useful at the arena if the opponent is at close range.

There was no doubt that they have been getting close.  But they both refuse to admit it to each other.

“That's enough for today!  Return to your rooms!” a man shouted.  Eren and Annie walked side by side to their room.  As well as other teams.

Soon the sun finally went down and many believed, at that moment, it will be their last time seeing the sunset, or even alive.

Some team members cried themself to sleep, others prayed, others wrote a goodbye letter to their loved ones, saying they won't be sure they'll be ever returning home.  

Eren sat at the edge of the bed, his mind kept wondering many thoughts at the same time.  Thinking about strategies, food, weapons, shelter, etc. However, the worst of all, imagining Annie's death.

He suddenly felt a headache after imagining that horrible event he hopes never to happen.  He looked up at Annie, who was already asleep in bed.

He stood up and quietly walked towards her.  She looked so...beautiful, he does admit that.

His hand touched her hair softly and removed pieces of her hair that was covering her stunning face.  He smiled sweetly.

She may look like a person who doesn't care in the eyes of others, but in his eyes, he sees the complete opposite.  

A small groan escaped her lips, making him startle.  He decided to move away and let her sleep well, since it will be the last time they'll ever be sleeping on the bed. Tomorrow, sleeping won't be a good choice. Not when many teams are out with weapons on their hands, ready to take you out.

As he walked away, he felt his throat dry and needed some water.  He decided to walk out the room and finds some water.

He was walking through an empty hallway.  No one was around since it was late. He expected to see no one in sight, as he entered a small lunch room, he saw her.  The girl from District 10.

His eyes slightly widen.  She looked up at him. Both their eyes met and silence took over the small room.

Mikasa somehow saw herself in Eren.  He reminded her of herself when she first entered the arena, scared and afraid.  Until, he showed her the way. He is the reason why she kept going, and now he is hers.

She knew both of them had very similar beginnings.  That soon later changed as someone special helped them put all the fear aside, and focus.

“Um...Hey” Eren greeted, breaking the silence between them.  “Hey” she replied.

“What are you doing here?”

“Just needed a place to think”

He scoffed and continued his tracks on getting water.  “Here” she tossed him a water bottle. He caught it and stared at the bottle blankly.