|| Chapter 7 ||

|| No One's POV ||

Everyone from each district had their eyes locked on the giant screen that was provided for them to see each team slaughter each other for victory.

The parents watched in horror as they prayed and prayed for their child, that has been selected, to be please be okay.

Back to the arena. As soon as the number 1 went to 0, everyone sprinted to the center, like if they were running for their life. Eren has never felt faster in his life. He sprinted to the closest weapon to him, alongside him was Annie. She wanted to get as many weapons as she can before they're all gone. And before they fall into the hands of the other teams.

Eren, along with the others, finally got a weapon in their hands. This is what I've been training for He told himself as he glanced at his long sword. It was long, silver sword that had a deadly point at the end.

Eren without wasting another second, quickly looked at his surroundings to secure for his safety.

Annie was lucky enough to get a dagger, the one weapon she's been training with the whole time.

Eren witness Jean repeatedly stabbing the innocent girl from District 1, Mina.

Reiner, a buff man, put all his strength to swing his sword at Franz. He sliced off Franz head completely. Blood sprayed everywhere and the body collapsed on the floor, still twitching a bit.

Eren watched in horror.

Nifa and Petra tackling each other to the ground. Sasha having a bow in her hands and aiming at Ymir. Sasha felt some hesitation but managed to get over it and striked Ymir on the leg, causing her to fall to the ground. Sasha made the decision to leave her like that and run.

Bertholdt front kicked Thomas and as Thomas went down, Bertholdt told him in a sad tone, "Forgive me" before stabbing him in the heart, instantly killing Thomas.

Eren was petrified and couldn't move as he saw people get killed. He couldn't do nothing about it. Until, he heard a scream that caught his attention. The scream came from behind him....it was Annie being pinned down by Bertholdt.

"I'm sorry" he cried as he raised his axe. Annie's eyes widen....she immediately thought it was the end for her. Not until Eren sprinted over to Bertholdt and tackled him off Annie and pinned him on the ground. Bertholdt lost his grip on the axe. Annie reacted quickly got up and picked up the axe and stabbed him in the leg.

Bertholdt let out a scream in pain as he felt the axe deep into his leg. It would be impossible for him to run now. Eren quickly got off and picked up his sword, "Let's go!" He grabbed Annie by her hand and dragged her to the forest.

They ran and didn't look back.

Meanwhile with Bertholdt, he couldn't stand anymore. Bertholdt managed to remove the axe from his leg. Blood was coming out like crazy and had nothing to prevent it from coming out even more. He started crying, it's the end for him.

At the corner of his eye, he heard familiar groans. It was Ymir, his partner, she also couldn't walk or even stand since Sasha did have good aiming with her bow. Tears started to form in Bertholdt eyes, it was obvious it was the end for both of them. They are weak, can't run or walk, all they can do is wait for death to take them.

Bertholdt was panting lightly as he closed his eyes. "Bertholdt!" He heard his partner cry. He lifted his head up, his eyes widen and gasped as he saw Mikasa already having her knife underneath her neck.

"W-Wait!" He screamed, but she slit her throat without hesitation. Bertholdt saw Ymir's head fall to the ground, blood coming out of her throat, dead.

Then he head footsteps behind him, he looked up at his worst nightmare. Levi. Bertholdt knew that Levi won't have any mercy for him. Levi looked down at him with an emotionless face and bent down to his level.

"P-Please....don't..." he cried in agony. This isn't the first time Levi's heard people begging not to be killed. So this one isn't special.

Levi didn't hesitate on taking out his knife from his pocket. Bertholdt eyes widen once again, "P-Please!....don't do it!"

Levi sighed as he saw the man sob and drown in tears.

"You won't feel a thing" Levi told him.