Chapter 2

I sigh to myself, it's a bummer a can't go to their concert. I really wish I could. I look through the pictures their tagged in, everyone but me is going. I close my laptop and put it away. I know today's is going to be a long day. I get up from bed and fix it. It wasn't much work but I'm too lazy to pick everything in my room right now. I need more time to sleep but Oli says that sleep is for the weak. Just kidding, I'm not going back to sleep only because Oli says it's for the weak, but because I'm going to have to get everything over with before my parents wake up and beat me. I know I'm too old to be beat, but my parents are messed up or something. I take the basket with my clothes next to my closet and walk out the room with it. I walk into my parents room and looked around and see beer bottles, cans, clothes, dirty shoes, liquids on the table and dresser, a messed up bed, a couple of holes on the wall, carpet stains and all that dirty jazz that you can find in a dumpster. This room is a nightmare, it's so messy. I would never want to clean it if they tell me to. I know they will tell me which there's no choice but to clean it up. I gab all the clothes I find and throw them into the basket, sadly not all of it fits in it. I run down the stairs, nearly tripping off one of the steps. As I pass by the living room I see my parents knocked out and more bottles with shot cups. I sigh and face palmed my face as I shook it. I walk over to the laundry room next to the kitchen and put some of the clothes inside and add the soap. I close it and push the button so it would start washing. I run back upstairs trying to not make a sound so my parents won't wake up and start doing shit. I make it back upstairs knocking down a small cabinet I bumped into. I stated still trying to look from upstairs if I woke them up. No they haven't waken up, oh yea I forgot their heavy sleepers. Well my dad is, my mom really isn't. I start heading back to their room and pickup the remaining clothes. It really stinks so bad in this room, it smells like something died in here. I run backdown stairs and leave the basket there until it's time to wash them. I locked at the clock above me that read 7:34, I'll have to go to work soon. Work isn't that long, it's from 9:30 am to 3:30 pm on the weekdays. I'm always late because of my parents, I know it's bad to be late to work but I can't really do anything about my parents holding me back. I walk to the kitchen and grab a nature valley granola bar. I don't like the fact that's it's hard but it taste good. I finish my granola bar as I make my way to the living room and look at my parents slouching on the couch. I should probably wake them up.

"Veronica! George! Get up, it's morning! rise and shine!" I yell at them.

"Fuck that and it's mother to you Isabelle" she says in her sleepy raspy voice as she sticks the middle finger at me.

I just gasp and put my hand on my chest, making that dramatic expression. And George is just there snoring extra loud. I'll just let them sleep, their so much better like this. I walk up the stairs, I know I'm going up and down a lot but it's an everyday thing so I'm used to that. I walk into my closet and look for and outfit to wear. I find my parent ouija board.

What is it doing here? I said to myself

Well I'm getting rid of it today because my parents need to stop. I took it with me along with the rest of the things it came with. I went downstairs trying to be as swiftly and quiet as possible. I went outside and closed the door. Today's the day I'm getting rid of it for my parents. What should I do burn it or brake it? I think I should brake it because I heard burning it can bring bad luck. I walk over towards my car and I was stopped by one of the neighbors, Mrs. Smith.

"So what's that in your hand?" she asked pointing to it

"My parents ouija board, I'm trying to get rid of it. Is it ok if you help me or something?" I asked awkwardly

"Here give me it, I know someone who knows to get rid of these things. I don't want you risking anything" she says taking them.

"Thank you so much" I said. This is the last it.

"No problem" she said as she made her way to her car

I looked at my phone to check the time, it's 8:13. I don't have much time. I went back into the house and ran into the shower. After the shower I stepped out with the towel wrapped around me walking into my room with the outfit I picked out earlier, a black key street mussel tee along with a pair of khakis and black vans. I put my hair in a messy bun and run out the door. It's finally going to be the first time I'm early. I arrived 5 minutes early, just on time. I walk into this small antique shop I work at.

"Finally on time ms. lee" said my boss

"I know it is Laila, I'm sorr-"

"Can I talk to you and it's Mrs. Carter to you" wow second time someone said something like that today

"Yes ma'am" I said as I followed her into her office she sat down at her desk folding her hands. I sat on the chair in front of her desk.

"There's many people like you that are looking for a job, many of my employees are loyal and accountable but you miss lady are always late and not as hardworking. I already gave you too many chances, and I'm firing you" she said, I'm fired. But how?

" But Mrs. carter you don't understand"

"No buts, I already given you to much and there's many people wanting a job here. So might as well fire you, good bye, have a nice say" she said as she got up and escorted me out of her office.

"I have people to feed and take care of" I said

"That's what they all say"

I stormed out the room and made it back to my car to my house. I arrived home, I slowly unlocked and opened the door. How are my parents going to take the news? I sighed and walked in. My parents are not insight. I walked to the kitchen to gab something to eat. I picked up an apple and walked up to my room. Before I could make it up the stairs stood a tall male figure, George. I turned around and ran back down the stairs followed by him. I tried to run towards the door as I tripped on a shoe that was random places there, I fell to the ground.

"What the fuck are you doing home early?" he said slapping me followed by a kick on my rib cage. I felt a sharp pain and let out a whine.

"Are you going to answer my god damn question?!" he growled at me

"Yes" I said in a tiny voice

"Then fucking answer it!" he said punching my stomach

"I got fired" I blurted out

I he went over to the kitchen. Veronica then came and punched me on the stomach repeatedly. I punched her in the face to see if it would stop her. It did for a second, so I took the advantage to try to run off. I did, but she got off and jumped on my back causing both of us to fall to the ground. I was so close from reaching the door. She slapped me in the face.

"You are suppose to work for us to make money to buy our drinks and such" she yelled as she slapped me in the face after every word. I bet you my face is red by now.

"Then why you guys work!" I yelled

She punched me in the face aiming for my nose. I put my hand on my nose. George comes back with a knife. Oh great one more cut to accompany my other scars. I take my hand off my nose and see a lot of blood on my hand. George came over with the knife coming towards me.

________________________

A/N: I promise I'm finish writing about ouija. So it's not going to be involved in the story no more. Anyways I'm going to update more recent just to get the story started a little and yea

_pierce_the_taco_