𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 » 𝙘𝙪𝙩𝙚

❝ when a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute ❞

~

Nova's bag sat on the ground beside her, open and almost empty, the previous contents strewn across the library table as she gracefully scrawled on the parchment. She would occasionally glance up to look at Tom, who would nod in understanding. He had grown accustomed to the way she would teach him things, for she would always smile and end her sentence with a; "...yeah?" or "...you see?"

Her fiery orange hair would frizz at the sides of her head, and she either didn't care, or she didn't notice. Tom was shocked by how air-headed she appeared, but how put together she really was. Yeah, she would occasionally lose track of her belongings, but she always found a way to make do without them.

"...you see?" Nova questioned, her soft brown eyes glancing up at Tom, who had been so lost in thought that he hadn't paid attention to her words. He nodded, adorning his signature smirk. He simply could not figure out what made her angry, because it seemed that nothing could make her angry. She was an all-around nice girl, and that irritated him. Everyone had to have some bad side, that's what evened the good out. She had to have something.

Nova hadn't said a single word, just watching Tom bite the inside of his cheek as he stared at the book. She smiled to herself before pointing to something on his paper. "You see?" She asked and he nodded, smiling at her. Nova only giggled and shook her head. "You're really cute, you know that?"

Tom was bewildered, why was his face hot? Why was this girl making him feel embarrassed? How could he be such a fool to let her get to him like that? He ran his hand down his face and shook his head, trying his hardest to be mad at her, but there was something happening. Merlin, he hated her.

"Piss off," He grumbled out and Nova could only smile and return to studying, not bothering to explain it to him anymore, figuring that he didn't like it. "Why are you not talking?" He asked and Nova tilted her head to the side, an eyebrow raised.

"I figured you disliked it, Tom-" "You figured wrong! Please, continue teaching me, I rather enjoy your voice," He stated, folding his arms on the table and leaning towards her.

"Well, if you say so..." She grinned, examining the paper and explaining what spell would work best and why. Tom resumed his previous activities, thinking of ways he could annoy her.