𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 » 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧

❝ to kiss someone is to promise them that you care

~

"Tom! So nice to finally meet you! Nova has written letters upon letters about you!" Charlotte, Nova's mother smiled, pulling her daughter in for a hug as the dark-haired boy reached to shake her hand.

"The pleasure is all mine, Mrs. Summers. I assure you that Nova has not stopped talking about you either," He said, making eye contact with the blushing ginger before smiling falsely at the mother, whose hair was a cotton white. Aunt Tessie on the other hand, head full of bright orange hair as she bounded towards Nova.

Tessie had been in Nova's life since she was born, helping her sister-in-law raise her after Gideon's(Nova's father), death.
"Auntie!" Nova shouted and rushed to hug the large woman, who was so happy.

"So, what house are you in?" Charlotte questioned and Tom went on to tell her, placing his and Nova's trunks on the trolley. "Slytherin,"

"Father! Father!" Came the shouts of two first years, a Ravenclaw boy and a Gryffindor girl. They wrapped themselves around a tall cotton-haired man, whom Tom had not noticed was standing there. He must be Uncle Lance because Nova told him that he was Charlotte's long-lost brother.

"Muriel! Merlin!" He cheered happily, lifting them onto his shoulders as he turned to face Charlotte. "Meet your aunt Charlotte!" He cheered and the kids happily waved.

Nova leaned in to whisper to her aunt, glancing at Tom who stood there awkwardly. "His birthday is just a few days after Christmas, we must do something for him!" Tessie agreed, nodding and making a mental list of what she could do for the young boy.

Nova moved to link arms with Tom, introducing him to everyone before they all started walking out of the station, except for Lance and his children. They traveled via floo powder, and there wasn't much room in the small muggle car.

~

"Mistletoe!" Nova cheered when she noticed the decoration. Tom disliked mistletoe, never having an interest in kissing anyone. Instead, he took in the lively cabin, running his hand along the varnished wood walls. They lived in the forest, and that meant a cabin was perfect for them.

"Where is your room?" Tom asked, his trunk getting heavy to carry. Nova waved for him to follow her, leading him to her rather large bedroom. There were no open guest rooms, seeing as though Uncle Lance and Aunt Tessie were both there.

"Mum says it's okay for you to stay in here, just place your things here," She said, opening her closet. "Where will I sleep?" "The bed?" "And you?" "The bed as well!" Tom was shocked, never having shared a bed with a girl before.

Nova noticed the awkwardness and she shrugged. "It's like when we fell asleep on the couch together. If you feel weird then I'll go sleep in Aunt Tessie's room,"

"I don't want to take your bed from you, but as I said before, sharing is hard for me," Tom clarified and Nova nodded, waving it off. "We'll fix that by the time Christmas comes around!"

~

"Mistletoe!" Cried Muriel and Merlin, pointing towards the small berry hanging in the doorway. Nova glanced up at it and then at Tom, who was looking at it as well. "A kiss on the cheek will suffice," Nova whispered and Tom felt that feeling in his stomach once again. "Why on the cheek when it's the perfect time to do what I've been wishing to do?" Nova felt her cheeks flush when Tom's eyes met hers. They were rather handsome, and she couldn't deny that she liked him as well. He leaned down quickly, pressing his lips to her's.

It was much worse than Tom had imagined, for one, he actually enjoyed it. Nova's hands tangled in his curls, kissing him back fiercely, he liked that. Despite having lied about wanting to kiss her, he was glad that he did.