𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 » 𝙡𝙤𝙮𝙖𝙡

❝ loyalty can be a good or a bad thing, it all really depends on how you use it ❞

~

"This way Hagrid, you'll be late but that's okay, I'm a prefect!" Nova said cheerily, waving for the young Gryffindor to follow her. He was rather large, being half-giant, and not a lot of people talked to him too much. Nova took him under her wing, not liking that he was being treated so horridly. It reminded her of her first day in muggle school, with the children making fun of her American accent.

"Thank yew, Nova!" Hagrid spoke, following the Hufflepuff fifth year. He had never met someone so kind, and it made him want to be kind as well. Nova waved it off, saying something about it being no problem, after all, she is a prefect.

"Pardon me Professor, but excuse Hagrid for being late, he and I were in the library, studying," Nova went on, letting the white lie fall from her lips like it was nothing. Hagrid looked at her before quickly taking the seat assigned to him. She sent a quick wave his way before leaving, making her way towards the Hufflepuff common room.

"Nova, wait," Tom spoke with such anger in his voice that it made Nova's bones rattle. He gripped her wrist and pulled her aside, stopping in front of an empty painting, which quickly filled at the sight of this altercation. "Why were you with that big oaf?"

"Tom, that's horrible of you to speak in such a way, Hagrid is a sweet boy! He needed help to class!" Nova exclaimed, shocked that Tom would say such things. She thought that she had known him, but he was proving that she didn't.

"Of course, that moron doesn't have a clue where he's going because his head is so filled with nonsense-!" His cheek stung, head turned away from Nova. His eyes glistened, mouth closing. One hand held his cheek, the other tightened around Nova's wrist. She gasped, ignoring the pain and quickly apologizing for hitting him. A smirk crossed his lips, he found it. He found her bad trait.

"Hagrid is a fat, senseless, ugly, monster. One of these days, you will see just how monstrous he truly is." Tom spat out, finally letting go of Nova's wrist. She pushed him away from her, glaring at him.

"Hagrid is not a monster, never say that! You have no idea what you're talking about, he's a gentle giant." She folded her arms and Tom shook his head, glaring at her harder, not even hiding the smirk that played on his lips.

"He's idiotic!"
"No, he is not!"
"Why are you sticking up for him? You've gone and found someone better than me?" Tom found himself shocked by the words that fell from his lips. He's never felt emotions before, but here he was, jealous. Jealous that that big doofus is getting the attention that he worked so hard for.

"You do not own me, Tom Marvolo Riddle," Nova retorted, surprising herself with the newfound desire to stand up for herself. Tom reached forward and shoved her shoulder, shocking her into stumbling back against the wall. This fourth year Slytherin had her cornered, albeit he was taller than her.

"Never call me that again," Tom declared, staring into Nova's brown eyes with such ferocity that he could be mistaken for a wild animal. "One day you will realize your mistakes, Nova, and it'll be too late for you then."

Tom rushed off, his robes billowing behind him. Nova was scared, finally noticing the harsh beating of her heart. Why had Tom reacted in such a way?

Nova Summers was a loyal girl, and sometimes loyalty could lead to a person's demise. Tom couldn't decipher if he was no longer interested in Nova or if he was just angry at her. He found her bad quality, but he still wanted to be around her. He felt the need to apologize, but he didn't plan on doing it anytime soon.