𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 » 𝙩𝙤𝙤𝙩𝙗𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙝

❝ i realized that i loved her when we were brushing our teeth ❞

~

When Tom awoke that Christmas morning, he didn't expect to find anything under the tree for him, but he was in for a treat. After frustratingly untangling himself from his―due to recent events―girlfriend, he made his way down the hallway to the living room, where the adults were sat on the couch, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

"That damned Skeeter, I can't wait until he retires," grumbled out Lance, tossing the newspaper to Tessie who rolled her honey-colored eyes. "I assure you that there will be more Skeeters to come, they are much like termites," Replied Tessie.

"When are these childre-OH! Tom! You're awake! Is Nova?" Charlotte asked, standing to her feet and placing her coffee on the table. "No ma'am, she was sleeping when I left the room," He explained and Charlotte huffed, turning towards Lance. "Let's go wake our children brother, Christmas is running late!"

Tom was left to sit with Tessie, a lady whose weight made him shudder. He pushed his disgust down, something he's found himself doing a lot lately, and he started charming her, speaking fondly of her hair and eyes. He knew his way around a woman, and when Tessie smiled happily, unphased by his tactics, she simply said, "My, Nova is quite the lucky lady."

Tom nodded, noticing the tightness in his stomach once again. Nova was by his side in a matter of minutes, pulling him to sit on the ground so that they could unwrap their gifts. Tom's eyes widened at the sight, not having taken the time to look around. There were presents piled upon presents, how could he have missed them? The tree was surrounded by a wall of gifts! Each one different than the last, big and small.

"Don't worry young man, this doesn't cut into your birthday gifts at all!" Aunt Tessie cheered, patting him on the shoulder. Tom was bewildered, never having received a Christmas gift, let alone a birthday gift!

The twins opened their gifts first, putting a decent-sized dent in the wall, and Nova and Tom were next, opening gifts and showing each other. Tom was happy, something he didn't know he could be until Nova walked into his life.

~

After opening gifts, Nova and Tom carried their things to her room. "Where will I put these? There is no room in my trunk," Tom questioned, placing his things on the bed. Nova began placing her things on shelves or on window sills. "Leave them here, for the next time you come," She shrugged and Tom felt his heartbeat quicken, next time?

He slowly began placing items on shelves with her, stuck in his mind as he thought about the next time. His last item was a potions book, from Nova he was certain. He looked at it and Nova simply pulled it from his hands. He wanted to glare at her, curse her name, but he smiled and asked for it back. Nova placed it behind her back. "You have to kiss me to get it bac―!"

Tom wasted no time at all, happily complying. His hands found the book, placing it on the desk nearby, before deepening the kiss.

Nova felt her knees go weak, slowly moving backward until she was against the bed. They had separated for air but went right back to their previous activities. Nova threaded her fingers through his soft hair, smiling against his lips as one of his hands were tangled in the mess that was her hair, the other resting against the side of her neck.

The position was rather awkward for Tom, who had never bent that way on top of another being before. His knees dug into the bed, back slanted downward as he made out with Nova. She realized how awkward it must have been for him, slowly propping herself up on her elbows as he trailed his kisses along her chin.

"Tommy," She whispered, her lips swollen and breathing labored. He leaned away from her neck, looking at her, expressionless. Had he done something to hurt her? "We're too young," She muttered out, cheeks flushed brightly.

Tom got off of her, laying on the bed as he looked up at the ceiling. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me, thank you.

~

"Happy birthday Tommy!" Nova cheered as they brushed their teeth together. Tom could only roll his eyes and smile. "Aunt Tessie made her apple cobbler, and I helped her make your cake! Uncle Lance brought us all to Diagon Alley last night, whilst you were sleeping, and we gathered up your presents before going to some muggle shops as well and getting you things from there!" Nova rambled on and Tom simply watched her, a smile on his lips and loving eyes, and a toothbrush in hand as well.