𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 » 𝙩𝙤𝙢

❝ i was a monster, one that only she could love ❞

~

Nova passed away just a year later, and she was buried beside her father. Her mother cried, her Aunt Tessie stopped coming around, and her Uncle Lance tried his hardest to be there for Charlotte.

Tom went cold because that's how the world was to him. He left his things in Nova's house, unable to face that she was gone. He devoted his life to becoming the most powerful wizard in the world, trying his hardest to get his hands on the resurrection stone.

He opened the chamber of secrets and blamed Hagrid for it, but he wished that Nova was there to tell him that he wasn't in the right mind. He wanted Nova to hold him, to fix him, to tell him that he wasn't the bad guy even though he knew he was.

He kicked his belongings around, cursed the very name that he had learned to love. He had to take Morty in, seeing as though the bird refused to listen to Charlotte. Tom hated that bird, but he couldn't find it in him to kill it.

~

"I hate you, I hate you, I hate you!" Tom shouted as he kneeled in front of the grave, Nova's name carved into it so delicately. "I hate that I don't hate you," He whispered weekly.

It had been years since she had passed, and the wound was still so fresh. He wanted her back, but he had already lost her, to some stupid incurable disease.

His tears hit the ground beneath him, eyes trained on the fake sunflowers that he had laid on her grave. He felt the wind blow, smiling sadly to himself as he realized she was there.

~

"There's a boy, said to be the only thing to kill me. I hope he does because I miss you deeply. You've been gone for so long, but it still feels like yesterday I was holding you in my arms for the first time. I told myself that love was for the weak, but that was only because I had never felt it before," He sighed and ran his hand over the gravestone. "My love was only for you, and I will never love another."

~

"Bellatrix is pregnant, we've decided to name her Delphini, but I wish it was you that was bearing my child. I've decided to kill that boy, knowing that my daughter will need me as she grows up. Your owl is getting sick, I'm surprised he lasted this long, but he'll be there to see you soon. Know that I will be there as well, just not so quickly,"

~

Tom Riddle died that night, and he finally saw Nova again. She was waiting for him, just like she had promised.

"I didn't read those books," She mumbled, looking up at him. He was back to his sixteen-year-old self, not having gone through the thirst for power. Tom smiled, tears in his eyes. "I shall read them to you, from now 'til forever."