twenty-seven

"Should I be this turned on by how dominant you're being right now?" Silas let a smirk play on his lips as I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest

"Should I be this turned on by how dominant you're being right now?" Silas let a smirk play on his lips as I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. How typical. A woman's trying to assert how she feels, and the man gets sexually aroused. I can't believe him right now. I curled my lips into my mouth as I tilted my head at him.

"Are you not taking this seriously, because I can easily walk out right now? Don't fucking test me." I bit out as I leaned forward, with my eyes narrowed at him. My dark, thin brows knitting together in anger. I watched as he uncomfortably slid his hands into his pockets. It was obvious he was trying to lighten the mood, but I couldn't find myself to give any discretion. Not in this scenario. I may not be dead, but I was a ghost coming to haunt him. I wanted to be the tornado crashing through his house and taking everything with me. He was like every other man who had broken my heart. 

Except this time, he wasn't going to get away with it. He had spent nights holding me in his arms. His words eased my broken mind when I bared my soul to him. He didn't deserve my pity. I thought to myself. 

"Look, Farrah, I'll answer any questions you have. But you have to let me explain everything, first. I know you say you don't care, but there's so much you don't know, nobody knows. Please, that's all I ask of you," he pleaded. I watched as his tongue flicked out and licked his lower lip. I felt my lips slide between my teeth as I pondered his offer. I didn't want to speak to him longer than I necessarily had to. My eyelids were already beginning to droop in exhaustion. I didn't know how to even stand a conversation like that. But then again, when would I ever get the chance?Fuck.I'm too conflicted for my own good. I could sit here and get only the answers I've been consumed with the last few weeks. Or I can get answers I didn't even know I needed. It was an extremely tough decision that I knew wouldn't be easy.

"Please," I heard him begging again. I looked up at him as he slowly turned his lips into a pout. I heaved a sigh as I let my shoulders slouch.

"Fine, but when I say I'm done, that's it. I don't want to hear anymore," I stated as I leaned backward in the chair. If I wanted to give him some leeway, I needed certain ground rules to ensure my heart's safety and an easy way out.

"Thank you, Fah," he said. His lips curled into a smile as I let my chocolate brown eyes roll. I cleared my throat as I waited for him to speak. My mind raced a million miles per second, and my heart raced along side it. It could have been mistaken for a heart attack if my mind hadn't been scolding me for being stupid. I was about to let the man who broke my heart past my walls. The walls he broke not too long ago. 

"Don't call me that, just tell me what you've been hiding. Tell me your dirty secrets, and I'll be on my way, Alexander," I spit his birth name out like bile. I wanted to make a point. I stuck with my guns. The name he introduced himself would not pass my lips. I watched him flinch slightly as he crossed his arms. Probably thinking of where he could possibly start. I saw his eyes drop down to the floor for a moment as his mind seemingly raced with all he had to tell. It was like that for a few moments before he looked back up at me, his eyes burning into me like fire. I raised my brows as if to urge him to speak. His mouth parted slightly as one of his hands raked through his tousled hair.