Chapter 2

I breathed heavily, sitting on a rock beside a small waterfall. I looking into the flowing water and frowned. "What came over me?.." I sighed. "At least I'm alone. Nobody would be idiotic enough to follow me this deep int--"

"DREW!!"

I facepalmed. "Unless, of course, there's my idiot." I grunted as I heard her get closer. I closed my eyes and sighed. "Keep control. If you snap, it's over." I turned my head to see May in front of me, looking scared. "May..." I grit my teeth and looked away. "What do you want?" I asked coldly.

"I want to help you. I saw the whole thing! I can get you back into contests before you know it!" She smiled and sat next to me. I blushed a bit, not daring to make eye contact. "Thanks but no thanks. I can survive 2 months without contest. So go mind your own business and see those friends of yours." I snapped rudely.

"You mean my only friends? The ones that left for Sinnoh.. Without me...?" I heard her tear up. "Oh god, Arceus no." I grit my teeth again. I looked at her and she was hugging her knees. "May.. Look.." My pupils shrank as I remembered that I'm stuck without a contest because of her.

I growled. "It's all.. Your.. FAULT!" I yelled and pointed at her. May looked at me confused and with teary eyes. "Wh-What?" She stammered. "Yeah! If you'd just walked away and not made a huge scene out of the mocking, I would still be able to compete in the next contest I've worked so hard to win!" I shot her down with that. "You.. You let me down big time! You say we're friends or whatever.. Yet you do THIS to me! Your the worst!" I added.

I glared into May's sapphire eyes, teary and innocent. "I-I'm sorry.." She sniffled. My heart sunk. What had I said? "May-- I didn't mean--"

"You've said enough! Now leave me alone!" She sobbed and ran. Fast. No intension of slowing down. "May! Wait!" I yelled, chasing after her. I soon lost track of her and sighed. "Dang it, may." I felt myself tear up. "What have I done..?"