Chapter 14

Drew's POV

I growled. "Perfect. Just perfect. Someone trying to kidnap May. How ELSE can this go wrong?" Without another thought, I bolted at the stranger in the alleyway... Totally missing the tackle I attempted. But the stranger got startled and let May go, allowing me to trip them. "What's the big idea, kidnapping her?!" I scowled, as the person sweat dropped. ".... Kidnapping? I was just trying to surprise her by saying hi..." The person gulped. "Saying hi?.. Wha..." I stared. The hair, those EVIL eyes... Well, evil to me that is. "Ketchum." I sneered, kicking him away. "Ow... God.." Ash sat up.

"Ash?! Why the hell did you try to drag me into the alley?! It's freaky!" May scolded him. "Uh.. My Bulbasaur got excited and dragged you.. I was just in view..." Ash glared at his Bulbasaur, who came out of the shadows bowing it's head. ".. And why are you here? Shouldn't you be back in Pilot Town?" I huffed, And he glared. "It's PALLET Town... And I came to say Merry Christmas to my favourite coordinator." Ash have his bubbly smile to May, handing her a small gift. "Aww.. You shouldn't have!" May smiled. "Yeah, you shouldn't have..." I repeated under my breath. She gently untied the ribbon, revealing a custom pokeball with half a contest ribbon on the front, like the one they had split.

"Oh my god, Ash! This is amazing!" May squealed, gazing at the pokeball. It was extra shiny, that's for sure. It was gold, with May's name ingraved in the back. "Heh heh.. Glad you like it!" He smiled like a goof, then shooting a deadly serious glare at me. It sent shivers down my spine. "Well.. My boat back to Pallet Town is gonna leave soon... Sorry I can't stay longer!" Ash sighed, and they hugged. "Ash, can you take my Bulbasaur to Professor Oak's lab? I want her to spend more time with your Bulbasaur." May held out the pokeball, and Ash accepted it. "Sure! I'll see you!" He returned his Bulbasaur and ran off. "Thank Arceus he's gone..." I murmured.

May placed the pokeball in her bag and turned to me. "So.. What's up?" I blinked. "Huh?.. Oh yeah.. You remember what time we usually exchange gifts, right?" I raised a brow as she stared. "... There's been a time?.." I face palmed. "Yeah... 7 PM... And oh lookie.." I showed her my watch and she sweat dropped. "I'm soooo sorry!! I didn't mean to make you wait!" May hugged my arm, I grunted, my cheeks heating up. "Yeah.. Well, c'mon... Let's hurry. Or else we won't see the sunset..." "Unless an eclipse-" "for the last time may.. There will NOT be a solar eclipse!" I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand, walking her to our little hideaway spot under a weeping willow.

May gasped as she saw what was set up. A picnic area, with some of her favourite dishes. A gift box at the tree trunk, and a clear view of the sunset. "Drew.. Oh gosh..." She walked around, seeing sparkling crystals everywhere. "C'mon, I made your favourite." I smiled and we sat on the picnic blanket. I handed her a sandwich with all her favourite toppings. "This is all amazing, Drew!" She squealed happily as she hummed, eating her sandwich. "Yeah.. I try." I chuckled.

We quickly finished eating and talked for a bit, her laugh was always so bubbly. I shook myself out of my thoughts as she yelled. "The sunset!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me over to our little spot, where we exchange gifts under the sunset. "Here, May." I smiled. "Thought you'd like having a little keepsake..." I flipped my hair out of my eyes. May handed her gift to me and smiled. "And here's your's!"

"1..."

"2..."

"3!" We both opened the lids of our gift boxes, and inside mine was...

A Roselia plushie. WHAT.

I lifted it out of the box, and I was surprised... I smirked a bit. "It's cute..." I looked at her and got no response. She stared restlessly at the small charm bracelet, the one in the box. The one that gleamed every time her eyes left it. "It's... Beautiful.." She finally said, placing it on her wrist and looked back at me. ".. Thank you.." She looked as if she'd cry. "Don't cry.. It makes things awkward..." I chuckled as she pouted. "I'm.. Not gonna cry. The sunset is just.. Bright..." I smirked, tapping twice on the tree.

Harley's POV

"That's the signal!" Solidad scowled. "Yeah yeah, I got it. Now shh!" I hissed back annoyed. I slowly used the fishing pole to lower the small plant above the two love birdies. "10 bucks says May noticed first." I grinned as Solidad accepted. May looked up and blushed a bit. "10 bucks, please." I chuckled as Solidad forked over the money. I flipped out my camera and aimed it.

May's POV

I looked at Drew and smirked a bit. "You planned all this..." Drew chuckled. "Guilty." "And the two are behind the tree?" I glanced at the side to see Harley's stupid purple hair sticking out. "Yeeeah...." He laughed nervously. "... Mhm..." I smiled. 'He does this all for me, it's sweet.' I leaned towards him. "Your not so grumpy when your being sweet." I giggled as he blushed. "I-I am not grumpy!" He grumbled a bit, his cheeks pink. "Well... Thank you." I leaned forward and kissed him, and he seemed surprised I did it. But I knew this was what he really wanted for Christmas.

And I happily delivered.

Drew's POV

After she.. Uh.. Kissed me.. She kinda just vanished... I blanked out and I think she told me to read the note... What note? I float back to reality to find her gone, everything gone except for the Roselia plushie with a note on it. I opened it up and smiled when I read it.

Love is like a rose.

It's beautiful, precious, and your almost certain it will never die.

Love is different.

You hold it close, and keep it safe.

Love always lives, especially true love.

Roses are red..

Violets are blue..

If you were a pokemon..

I'd chose you.

Roses are red..

Violets are blue..

Love is too precious..

To lose you.

Merry Christmas, Drew.

Love,

May <3