Chapter 7

"M-May?" I stuttered, staring at the person inside the tree.. Cave.. Thing.

I crawled in and sat on the opposite side of the first than her, getting a better view of her. "May.. Look. Those things I said before.. I shouldn't have said. I know it seems sometimes that I mean what I say.. But it's not true. Your a beautiful, caring trainer, with great potential.. And my anger can sometimes make me forget that." I see her glance up at me with her sapphire eyes.

"May, If you don't want to forgive me, I'd understand. I've been a pretty cruddy friend.. And a worse rival. And if you don't ever wanna see or talk to me for all eternity.. It'd suck like gulpin for me." I heard her let out a giggle, making me smirk a bit. "Don't take anything I saw too seriously.. The bad stuff I mean.." I glanced away. "The reason I snapped.. When I said I hated you.. I didn't mean it. Not for a second. I was just so scared all that time that you wouldn't make it. I couldn't stand to see you in that much pain in the hospital. I love you too much to see that happen to yo--" I paused.

I mentally facepalmed. 'Why why why why WHY did I say that?!' I yelled at myself in my head. Maybe she didn't hear me.

"A-Anyways.." My face heated up.. Not from the fire though. "I hope you can forgive me." I slowly stood up, only to be tugged down by the brunette. She hugged my arm tightly, making me blush more. "Uh- m-May?" I glanced at her as she smiled. "Of course I forgive you, idiot!"

She pulled me against the wall with her and gave me a berry. "You must be hungry, after following me around all night." I looked down at the berry. "Th-Thanks." I tensed up. 'I don't know how to deal with this situation.. Arceus help me.' I prayed in my head as I took a bite of the berry. "Hey.. This is pretty good. Hard to find good Oran berries in the winter weather.." I blurted out. May smiled and nodded. "Not at great as those Letchi-"

"Leechi." I corrected, and we both chuckled. "Same old know it all.." May stuck her tongue at me. "Same old July." I teased. "Don't call me that.." May pouted with a smirk. Soon we were just talking and joking like old friends.. I loved it.

After a while, we calmed down and both kind of blanked out while staring at the fire. "May, I-" I paused, and looked next to me. May was cuddled up to my arm, fast asleep, snoring softly. "Adorable." I chuckled as I laid my head back and closed my eyes, eventually falling asleep.

"....idiot." May murmured with a smirk.

"... No you are.." I murmured back as we both fell back asleep.