Chapter 5

It was rolling around December, and it had already began to snow! Thick hills of pure white snow covered the ground as far as the eye could see! It was beautiful! It was missing one thing...

May.

She'd been in the hospital for a full month now, the doctors have been trying to keep her on a stable condition... She seemed to be getting worse each day. As if something was eating away at her health.

Luckily, professor birch was trained to know the interior of a human as well as pokemon. He found the perfect procedure to remove the small disease inside May, and I was told recently she'd live, AND be out of the hospital within a week!

I was overjoyed! May was gonna be alright, and in time for Christmas! Our favourite holiday.

Each year, me and May got together under a special tree, a beautiful weeping willow, which during winter, freezes up to make a crystally dome of icicles! There, we would have hot cocoa, talk about contests, and give each other a special gift.

A gift we hoped both of us would treasure forever.

But.. with the recent turn of events with our endless arguing.. It may not happen.

I'd been trying so hard not to lose my temper at May... She's sweet and wouldn't dare to harm anybody. I wanted to be the same... So maybe she'd take some interest in me. I've failed miserably.

I wish I could---

RIIIIIIIIINNGGG

My heart raced. That was the hospital's alarm! Had someone tried to break in? Or.. out. May.

That idiot! I see her dashing through the snow in a winter coat and scarf.. The same scarf I'd gotten her years ago, into the forest! I ran to the hospital to see the nurse completely frazzled.

"It was awful! She leaped out of bed in those winter clothes, and attacked me with her Delicatty's blizzard! Then bolted!" The nurse explained to the police. "Oh no.." I overheard and turned to the forest.

"I have to find her.. Who knows what might happen to her?" I stood at the edge of the forest, staring into it nervously. 'I'd really hate to see May in here hurt.. Or worse...' I gulped as I held tightly onto a small diamond necklace. A special necklace.

"Snow or no snow.. I'm coming for you, May!" I yelled to myself as I ran into the forest with my Flareon lighting the way.

"You better be alright..."