Thirty

It was 12PM and i was sitting in the waiting room of the hospital waiting to see my dad.

"Miss-" a nurse asked and i cut her off

"Yes?" I asked quickly

"You can see your father, follow me." She said and i followed her to a room, room 219.

I was shocked when i saw my dad in a hospital bed with a tube in his mouth, a leg broken and bandages all over his face.

"Dad.." i said softly.

"I'll leave you two alone." The nurse said, i nodded my head and she walked away. I sat in a chair beside his bed.

"Dad.. hi, its me," I said with tears in my eyes trying not to cry. I took a deep breath and started talking again

"I dont know if you can hear me- but dad, please wake up.. i- i need you." I said tears rolling down my cheeks. I tried not to cry, but i couldn't hold it in. My dad was lying there in a hospital bed, unresponsive, hurt. I cry a lot, and i know that thats stupid but i feel hurt and alone all the time. But this wasn't the depression type of cry, this was an 'i need you' cry. It sounds even stupider saying that, but it was true. I needed my dad. I needed to tell him about my brother, about Noah, about my movie. There is so much u haven't talked to him about and i just need to tell him all of that before.. before he.. well you know

"Dad.. i've met a guy. He's amazing and sweet and really cares about me, his name is Noah," i said smiling and crying at the same time, "I hope you'll meet him soon." I say.

"Oh, and i also got a lead role in a netflix movie! I'm sorry i forgot to call you when i got the role.. Things have just been pretty hectic the last couple months," i say taking a deep breath. Thinking about P, the hate account, the things she said about me, my brother and him contacting me..

I stopped talking and just held my dads hand and i stayed like that for some time.

A different nurse opened the door and said "Visiting time is up." I looked at my watch, "But its only 2PM." I state and she just responds with "Well you can't fight hospital rules now can you." I scoffed.

After i said goodbye to my dad i walked out of the hospital and got in my car. I called Noah and said everything was fine. I don't know why i lied to him, the truth was, nothing was fine. I wasn't fine, my dad wasn't fine, the doctors weren't even sure if he'd even make it through the night. I took a couple deep breaths and drove back to the hotel.