Thirty three

"N-Noah?" I said

"Haley?" Noah began, "-Whats wrong?"

"I- i'm sorry that i lied.." i said with tears in my eyes looking down at my feet. Noah lifted my chin up and we looked in each others eyes for a moment until Noah broke the silence

"Lied to me about what?" He asked, not softly or nice, more aggressive and mean.

"About my dad.. he isn't out of his coma.." I said flinching away and looking at my feet again

"Haley why did you lie?" He asked, more genuine this time.

"Because- because i didn't want you to worry, i'm so sorry Noah.." I said still looking down with tears in my eyes. I expected Noah to breakup with me, or yell at me. But that didn't happen. I looked up and i thought Noah was about to say something but instead he kissed me. 'Why did he kiss me?!' I pulled away from the kiss and asked just that.

"Haley i'm not mad at you if thats what you think. And a simple lie to protect me isn't gonna change that." He said looking into my eyes

"Thanks Noah, i love you." I said before wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I love you too." He said and then placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

—————————————————————
The next morning

Noah stayed with me that night to make sure i was okay. I didn't tell him about how bad i was doing, but then again, i didn't think i needed to.

The next morning Noah was already up and bought me breakfast in bed.

"Noah, you didn't have to do that." I said rubbing my eyes and sitting up

"Hey, its the least i could do right now okay." Noah said smiling and giving me my breakfast

I placed him a quick peck on the lips and mumbled "i love you." And he said "i love you too."

Since it was Tuesday, the one day i couldn't visit my dad because of the stupid hospital rules.. So instead of visiting my dad, Noah and i went to the lake. It was calming, this was the first time i actually felt calm in the past week i was in Oklahoma.

..And then my phone rang

——————————————————————

A/N: next chapter will be an instagram post and the chapter after that i'll continue with Haley getting that phone call. :)

Q: who do you think is the phone call from? 🤭😏