Prologue

- written & completed in 2014 -

A/N:Hope you like this ROTG fanfiction! :P It's also my first fanfic, so yeah, please support it :3
AND YES I'M THE NEW GUARDIAN ❤

I remembered how the lightning flashed around me as I opened my eyes.

I felt a shock go through my body and my eyes felt...strange.

I was being risen up, into the sky.

I saw the big, beautiful moon right in front of me, and I breathed my first breath. It felt so unreal, so out of this world....

I felt myself being gently set down on the ground. I looked down and saw that I was wearing a black and white striped dress, but it was burnt black.

Suddenly, I realised there was something cool on my neck. I touched it and I saw a faint blue-purple glow coming from it. I saw a bright purple light surround me, and when it dimmed, I saw that I was no longer wearing the dress.

I wore a black jacket with dark blue skinny jeans and I wore black high heels with straps. I saw that the high heels each had a streak of purple lightning on their sides, and they were glowing.

A stylish black gun with lightning streaks on it appeared by my side. I gasped in shock.

Suddenly, I heard a voice. "You were once Ella Skyler, but now you are Ivy Raine, also known as the Lightning spirit. You shall now bring rain and thunder to the world..." It said.

"Wait! Who's there?" I shouted into the night sky, but no one answered. There was nothing. Silence had returned.

"Ivy Raine, huh..." I muttered to myself. I looked around and took in my surroundings. I stood on top of a mountain, near a frozen lake. (A/N: The lake where Jack rose from XD)

I walked down to it, gazing at its beauty. Suddenly, I caught sight of my reflection in the ice.

My eyes were dark brown, almost black but with a purplish streak through it that disappeared and reappeared. My hair reached a little below my waist and was black at the top but faded to a shade of light brown at the bottom. I realized there was a silver pendant hanging around my neck, and I looked at it. A purple crystal, as delicate as an ice crystal, was embedded in the middle.

I noticed the mark on my neck, which was in the shape of a lightning bolt and glowed whenever I touched it.

I decided to check out my high heels, since I felt there was something about it. As soon as my fingers touched the purple bolt streaks, I shot up into the air. I was flying! I gasped and tried to gain control. Geez, these were hard to use. I realized that a bracelet (sort of like a charm bracelet) had appeared on my hand. It was silver as well, with a small purple bolt in the middle. I pulled at it, but it wouldn't come off no matter what. 'Guess I'm stuck with it...'I thought. Actually, it didn't look that bad. I waved my hand about, admiring the bracelet, a streak of purple light suddenly shot from my hand and flew towards the clouds. The next moment, it started raining!

I shrieked in surprise and tried to cover myself, but then I realised I wasn't getting wet at all. 'Wow...' I was amazed at myself.

Suddenly, I remembered what the voice had said. "Ivy Raine..."

Lightning spirit? What? I shook it off and walked to a nearby village.

"Umm, hi..." I said to a lady nearby. She ignored me and walked right past. 'Couldn't she at least say hi??' I thought. Then, a few children ran towards me.

"Hey little kid, do you-" I bent down to ask one of the kids where I was, but I was cut short.

They walked right through me.

Through me.

How was that even possible??

"Hello?? Anyone hear me?!" I shouted. I was getting hysterical now. I realised I couldn't remember who I was at all. People continued to walk through me.

"Anyone? Please! ANYONE!!" I screamed, tears streaking down my face. The rain poured down harder. I sobbed and ran into the trees, collapsing against a tree bark before burying my head in my coat and crying myself to sleep.

-

A/N: So that was the prologue! :D And if you noticed the first A/N, you'd know the Guardian was me... :P I actually do have black hair turning brown at the bottom(for some weird reason) reaching below my waist and I love wearing skinny jeans XD Also, my eyes are dark brown, almost black as well :P

Plus, the name 'Ella' can be found in my own name and 'Ivy' starts with 'I', just like my name, so I keep a connection to myself in the story that way :P

Hope you enjoyed the prologue but I thought it was crappy XD
~Ivy

Fun fact: I actually used to be afraid of thunderstorms when I was younger because of how loud they are, and I think I might still be...XD But we haven't had a thunderstorm where I live for quite some time so I'm not sure about that. :P

Also Wattpad is glitching so the story might be all awry for a while. Sorry about that!