Chapter 6

{Ivy's P.O.V}

I followed North into his office silently. It was filled with toys, and an entire train track made of ice stood on his table. 'Cool,' I thought.

"So, why did you call me here?" I ask, finally speaking again."Oh, and I accidentally shocked your Yetis while Bunny was fetching me...sorry."

"No worries! And, well, I want to ask you something very important." North said, crossing his arms, causing the tattoos on his arms to stand out. "Fruitcake?" He asked, grabbing a platter of cake from the table.

"Uhh, no thanks." I said, and North threw the platter to a side.'He needs to clean that up...' I thought.

"So...what is it you wanted to ask me?" I asked, pointing a finger at an elf and shocking him, making him stiff for a while."For fun." I shrugged, referring to the elf.

Suddenly, North cracked his knuckles."Time to get down to business."

"Wait, what?"

Suddenly, I heard clanging and I looked behind me sharply. The door locked itself and I felt my eyes widen in shock.

When I turned around, North was right in front of me. I gasped and leant against the door.

"Who are you, Ivy Raine? What is your center?"

"My center?"

"If Man in the Moon chose you to be a guardian, you must have something very special inside." He looked at me seriously, then drew back, stroking his beard."Hmm."

He advanced towards the shelf and took a wooden doll off the shelf, handing it to me. On it was painted...him. "Here. This is how you see me, no? Very big, intimidating, but if you get to know me a little - well, go on."

I shot him a questioning gaze before looking back at the doll. I twisted it in the middle and it began to come off.

"You...are downright jolly?" I said, looking at the smiling doll in front of me.

"Aah, but not just jolly!"

I raised an eyebrow and continued to twist the doll, taking off each layer as I went.

"I am also mysterious-" North said.

I took off another layer of the doll.

"And fearless-"

Another layer.

"And caring-"

I smiled.

"And at my center-"

I twisted the doll a final time and tipped what was left into North's outstretched palm.

"...There's a tiny wooden baby." I said, puzzled.

"Look closer. What do you see?" North told me. He passed me the doll and I peered at it carefully.

"Umm...you have big eyes-"

"YES! Big eyes, VERY big because they are full-" He grasped my shoulders."-of wonder." He let go and walked away. "That is my center."

I smiled as he walked towards the window, covered with frost and snow."It is what I was born with, eyes that have seen all the wonder in everything!" A small toy aeroplane glided across the air and flew on. "Eyes that see lights and trees-" The plane flew out of the office door, which had opened without me noticing."-And magic in the air." We walked out into the workshop, which was...amazing. "This wonder is what I put into the world!" North said as I gazed at everything, taking in the beautiful sight.

"And what I protect in children." The aeroplane flew towards North, then looped around him before flying off again. "It is what makes me a guardian." He smiled at me. I gazed at the wooden baby in my hand.

"It is my center. What is yours?" He asked me.

I sighed."I - I don't know..."

North smiled and wrapped his hands around mine, folding my fingers over the wooden baby doll.

"Don't worry. You will find out." He smiled at me."Keep the doll."

"...Thank you." I smiled at him.

"No problem, Ivy." He turned to walk away, but then stopped. "Oh, and this reminds me very much of the time I told Jack about his center." He chuckled before entering his workshop once again.

"Center, huh..." I muttered as I walked back to where the other guardians were.

----------------------------

"So, what did North tell you about, mate?" Bunny asked.

"Well..stuff about my center, I suppose..." I said, fiddling with the wooden baby before stuffing it in the pocket of my hoodie.

"Yeah. He asked me the same thing when I became a guardian." Jack chuckled. "Did he scare you at first?"

"Oh, yeah. I thought he was gonna murder me or something!" I laughed, tugging at the hood of my hoodie. "Well...but I have to go now."

"See you back here tomorrow?" Tooth asked me."We'll all be here."

"Oh, joy." Bunny said, rolling his eyes.

"Sure." I said, smiling. I felt for my necklace and pressed the purple crystal on it. The purple glow appeared again and I was dressed in my jacket and jeans.

"Woah..." Jack looked at me, astounded.

"You know, I would get some new clothes if I were you, Frost. It'd be a little boring wearing that-" I pointed at his blue sweater and torn pants."-every single day."

"I prefer this." He said, smiling.

"Oh well..goodbye." I smiled at everyone before walking to the window. I leapt up onto the windowsill and bent my knees readily before touching the lightning bolt on my high heels.

"Rock and roll."

A/N: So hope you enjoyed this LOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGG CHAPPIE! !!!! ^W^

I had to watch the clip of North asking Jack about his center to do the entire part with the center thing :P

This chappie took almost an hour to write XD

I'll try and update soon♡

~Ivy